The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 AM

fixed shipping rate

my products have fixed shipping rates, but there are many rates.
when I imported the my product sampling to my shop I have a column "fixed shipping rate"
depending on the item shipping ranges from $7.95 to $13.95 in this sample.
how would I go about to set the cart up so that it charges the correct shipping cost?
i.e. item 10090 is charged $13.95 but item 11245 is charged 9.95.
this is an aggregate shipping cost by which I mean that the customer has to be charged shipping for each item on the order. By this I mean that, if a customer were to buy these two baskets than the shipping would be 13.95+9.95 for a total of 23.90

thanks for the help
Old 11-08-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. Schurmann View Post
my products have fixed shipping rates, but there are many rates.
when I imported the my product sampling to my shop I have a column "fixed shipping rate"
depending on the item shipping ranges from $7.95 to $13.95 in this sample.
how would I go about to set the cart up so that it charges the correct shipping cost?
i.e. item 10090 is charged $13.95 but item 11245 is charged 9.95.
this is an aggregate shipping cost by which I mean that the customer has to be charged shipping for each item on the order. By this I mean that, if a customer were to buy these two baskets than the shipping would be 13.95+9.95 for a total of 23.90

thanks for the help
Hi!

I’ve checked your settings and found out the following:
For all your products you have “Global+Fixed Rate Per Item” for shipping freight option (Ecwid Control Panel-> Catalog-> Product Page-> Tax and Shipping). This means that shipping rate forms as a sum of individual rates per product and global rates setup in your Ecwid Control Panel-> System Settings->Shipping.

If you want to form delivery rate as a sum of individual rates only, there are two ways to achieve it:

1) If you want to ship your product all over the world and the rate doesn’t depend on destination:
Set shipping freight as “Fixed Rate Per Item” for all your products.
In this case you don’t need global shipping methods (setup in System Settings->Shipping), so disable them.

2) If you want to ship to particular country (e.g. US):
1. Leave “Global+Fixed Rate Per Item” for shipping freight option.
2. Disable all the global shipping methods
3. Create new shipping method for US zone, select Flat Rate as a way of calculation, set zero rate and name the method (e.g. US shipping). The rates will be taken from the shipping freight setup.
Thus only your US customers will be able to place an order.

More information about shipping in Ecwid you’ll find here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/Shipping

Let me know if there are further questions.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Thanks Alina! This is exactly the info I needed-Chris
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
fixed rate shipping