The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Question

How to use discount codes?

I'm a bit mystified about how to use discount coupons. I can design a coupon and generate a code but what happens to that code?

1. How do I get it to my customers?
2. If I click Generate, does the previous code still work? Do I now have two codes?
3. What if I need 100 single use coupons/codes to send in a mail shot?

As far as is apparent from the Promotions tab, creating coupons is well thought out. Using them hasn't been considered at all.

Thanks.

Dale
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Dale,

Ecwid allows you to use discount coupon codes in your store. A discount coupon code is a secret code which a customer can use to get a discount when making a purchase. They are used for sales promotion.
Quote:
1. How do I get it to my customers?
Discount coupon codes are issued by store owners and can be distributed to customers in any way the provider finds convenient (for example, through mail, site news or advertisements on other sites). You can also placed banner on your site that will inform your customers about discount that they get if the apply discount coupon.

Quote:
2. If I click Generate, does the previous code still work? Do I now have two codes?
You can have several discount coupons in your store simultaneously. All of them will be available in your store and could be used by your customers. However, each customer can apply on one coupon for one order. Code of created coupon can't be changed, but you can change the conditions of coupon usage of it's availability. Therefore, when you click "Generate" link you create code for new coupon. All existing coupons will not be affected.

Quote:
3. What if I need 100 single use coupons/codes to send in a mail shot?
Currently, Ecwid allows to add coupons manually. Coupons generating in bulk or coupons import are not availalble in Ecwid yet. If you consider that this functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...coupons-sectio

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:11 PM

Hi Maya

Thanks for your reply but I'm left with a big question still. My question relates to single use coupons only.

I need 100 single-use coupons to send out to clients for discounts on products from shop.

1. Do I need 100 coupons?

2. Can I use 1 coupons and generate 100 codes?

I'm sorry if you think you've already answered this but if the answer really is (1) and there's no way to export coupons to use in mail-merge or similar bulk distribution then I'm stuck to see any possible use for them - so I must be missing something.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Strickland-Clark View Post
Hi Maya

Thanks for your reply but I'm left with a big question still. My question relates to single use coupons only.

I need 100 single-use coupons to send out to clients for discounts on products from shop.

1. Do I need 100 coupons?

2. Can I use 1 coupons and generate 100 codes?

I'm sorry if you think you've already answered this but if the answer really is (1) and there's no way to export coupons to use in mail-merge or similar bulk distribution then I'm stuck to see any possible use for them - so I must be missing something.

Thanks.
Hi,

If you want to have 100 different coupon codes (that will have different conditions), you will have to create 100 coupons. Unfortunately it's not possible to create one coupon and generate a number of codes for it: one coupon - one code.

But if this single-use coupons provide the same discount and have the same conditions (e.g., 20% on all orders over $500), you can create one coupon and apply limit "Once per customer". It will have one code, but each customer will be able to use it only once.

How to setup discount coupons: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/24739561/Discount-coupons

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.