The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 AM

Question

Alignment problems with thumbnails and product descriptions

I would like some help to make the image, the description, and the nav/add to bag all top justified on the details pages.

I have used snippets from the helpful post here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=63985 and have gotten it to work mostly, but..
  • The description text won't always line up with the top of the photo, sometimes dropping by a half inch or more. How do I get it to stay at the top?
  • The 'related items' has gotten pushed way down the page leaving a large blank space in between. How do I move it back up?
  • The nav/add to bag block won't top justify with the others-but not as badly.
  • And something seems to have created some kind of endless loop, the page never finishes loading, always saying in the notification bar that it is trying to "read images.ecwid.com" though all images appear to have loaded.
A good example is here: http://wildwoodsoap.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=1128060&id=4631271

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith M View Post
I would like some help to make the image, the description, and the nav/add to bag all top justified on the details pages.

I have used snippets from the helpful post here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=63985 and have gotten it to work mostly, but..
  • The description text won't always line up with the top of the photo, sometimes dropping by a half inch or more. How do I get it to stay at the top?
  • The 'related items' has gotten pushed way down the page leaving a large blank space in between. How do I move it back up?
  • The nav/add to bag block won't top justify with the others-but not as badly.
  • And something seems to have created some kind of endless loop, the page never finishes loading, always saying in the notification bar that it is trying to "read images.ecwid.com" though all images appear to have loaded.
A good example is here: http://wildwoodsoap.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=1128060&id=4631271

Thank you in advance.
Please, try to following CSS code for product description repositioning instead of current one. It should solve the problem:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-leftPanel>div {
    float: left;
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-thumbnail {
    width: 300px;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 5px;
    padding-top: 25px;
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-leftPanel div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-descr, div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-leftPanel div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-descr div{
    float: none;
    overflow: hidden; 
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage div.ecwid-productBrowser-head { 
padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; }

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Judith M (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM

Thank you, that has helped a lot. (The Thank button has disappeared?!)

But now, the related items don't always appear, and when they do, only one shows, with an arrow to the next one--just a big wide blank space at the bottom of the page.

How do I get the related products to all show?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:16 PM

Ah..... I added 'float: none' to the related items and that's done it.

--If this set of mods, to make the details pages this way (photo to side of description) are not an entry in the Knowledge base, they should be; this is a gread design mod that I did not think was possible without resorting to tables, which is arduous and must be done individually.

Thank you for the help, and to whomever it was in the previous thread that worked this out.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM

Coming back to add one more thank you. This was super advice, and fast.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add image to description, alignment, product details page, related products