The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:04 AM

Exclamation

Separate Quantities for Separate Sizes. Product variations not working.

I have the business plan. I am trying to assign separate available quantities for different sizes, but it is not giving me that option. The how to video in the knowledge base is no longer working so I can not even view this for help. I tried to do this in the product variation screen. Help please!

Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony Mensah View Post
I have the business plan. I am trying to assign separate available quantities for different sizes, but it is not giving me that option. The how to video in the knowledge base is no longer working so I can not even view this for help. I tried to do this in the product variation screen. Help please!

Thanks
Hi,

I've checked your account and confirm that this feature (product variations) is available to you. You can configure variations for a product in Ecwid control panel, Catalog -> Product -> product page, tab Option>Variations. Please mind, a variation requires that the product has at least two options since it'll be a variation of these options. If product has only one option (e.g. size) you can't create a variation. For ex., you have product "Striped Flower Top" that has two options, size and color. This top may be available in different colors and sizes, so you can add variations like
- blue, xl
- blue, 2x
- black, 3x
etc
Each variation can get its own SKU, price, quantity, images, etc.
If a product is available in only one color and different sizes, you can create option 'Color' with one value, and then add variations based on this color and the sizes.

Please, refer to our knowledge-base for setup instructions: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/40532454/...20Combinations
(If you meant the video from this article, sorry, it looks like it was removed from youtube. I've deleted the reference from the article.)

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Ok. In the example that you used, when I go to the variation screen, it only allows me to set the color options. It does not allow me to set what sizes are available for the different colors or sizes. The knowledge base article you referenced does not give instructions on how to do this.

Correction** It does not allow me to set what quantities are available for a specific size

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 04-02-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony Mensah View Post
Ok. In the example that you used, when I go to the variation screen, it only allows me to set the color options. It does not allow me to set what sizes are available for the different colors or sizes. The knowledge base article you referenced does not give instructions on how to do this.

Correction** It does not allow me to set what quantities are available for a specific size

Hello,

I’ve checked your store, the issue occurs because for product options you are using checkboxes. The checkboxes allow to choose more than one selection of the same option, but if you are using variations, in fact, you need the ability to pick only one selections each option. So, as soon you switch to drop-down list or radio buttons you will be able to create variations as described in the post above.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
separate quantities