The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Cleaning Supply Network:2060034@deleted's Avatar

Question

Product variations and variations

Hi. I am trying to test how Ecwid works. I have created two test products on my Ecwid in order to add "variations" or "variations" to my products. However, the option was greyed out. I need to know why this is.

More importantly, though, my company has a great deal of products, many of which have have SIZE variations. The prices will differ per product, even though there are similar sizes. For example, if I am selling "Chemical ABC," I will have a 1 gallon container, a 5 gallon container, and a 55 gallon container. Chemical ABC's prices will be as follows: 1 gallon - $13.99, 5 gallon- $32.99, and 55 gallon - $57.99. "Chemical 123" will have the same sizes as "Chemical ABC," but the prices will be different: 1 gallon - $ 6.89, 5 gallon - $23.48, 55 gallon - $32.99.

So, how do I set up these variations/variations in Ecwid?

Note: I am using the BUSINESS plan.

If possible, I would like to use the CSV format to upload a vast majority of my products since there are so many of them.

Please help.

Last edited by Cleaning Supply Network; 03-11-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Need to add information to help with results.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaning Supply Network View Post
Hi. I am trying to test how Ecwid works. I have created two test products on my Ecwid in order to add "variations" or "variations" to my products. However, the option was greyed out. I need to know why this is.

More importantly, though, my company has a great deal of products, many of which have have SIZE variations. The prices will differ per product, even though there are similar sizes. For example, if I am selling "Chemical ABC," I will have a 1 gallon container, a 5 gallon container, and a 55 gallon container. Chemical ABC's prices will be as follows: 1 gallon - $13.99, 5 gallon- $32.99, and 55 gallon - $57.99. "Chemical 123" will have the same sizes as "Chemical ABC," but the prices will be different: 1 gallon - $ 6.89, 5 gallon - $23.48, 55 gallon - $32.99.

Note: I am using the BUSINESS plan.

If possible, I would like to use the CSV format to upload a vast majority of my products since there are so many of them.

Please help.

Hello,

Quote:

The product variations feature allows to combine different options of the same product. So, to use this feature you need to add different options to your products.This can be done on the Catalog -> Product -> Product details page on your control panel.

Quote:

You can apply variations to your products on the Catalog -> Product -> Product details page on your control panel. You can combine your product options in a number of different ways and set up different prices, SKUs, quantity, images and stock notifications for those variations.
In the following articles you will find the detailed information about setting up Product Options and Product Variations to suit your business the best way possible: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...our%20products
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/40532454/...20Combinations

Quote:
Please help.
It is totally possible to upload products to your store using CSV. Please, refer to these article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61320633/...ing%20products
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/Import-Export
Old 03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Cleaning Supply Network:2060034@deleted's Avatar
Cleaning Supply Network:2060034@deleted Cleaning Supply Network:2060034@deleted is offline

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Savelyeva View Post
It is totally possible to upload products to your store using CSV. Please, refer to these article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61320633/...ing%20products
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/Import-Export
I know that I can upload the products through CSV, but can I upload the variations/variations through CSV? (I clarify below.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Savelyeva View Post
You can apply variations to your products on the Catalog -> Product -> Product details page on your control panel. You can combine your product options in a number of different ways and set up different prices, SKUs, quantity, images and stock notifications for those variations.
In the following articles you will find the detailed information about setting up Product Options and Product Variations to suit your business the best way possible: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...our%20products
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/40532454/...20Combinations
I have looked at both links. The first link was very helpful. The second link does not make sense to me, but I was able to figure it out regardless. Before I added "Options," I was unable to add a combo. Now that I have, I can add them. So, thank you for the information.

I am curious: do I need to put the price (+)/(-) if I can just have the right price on the variation page? How does that work?

Is there a faster way to add the variations? Because, as it stands, it looks like I will have to go product by product to add the different sizes with the different SKUS, picture, prices, etc.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaning Supply Network View Post
I know that I can upload the products through CSV, but can I upload the variations/variations through CSV? (I clarify below.)

I have looked at both links. The first link was very helpful. The second link does not make sense to me, but I was able to figure it out regardless. Before I added "Options," I was unable to add a combo. Now that I have, I can add them. So, thank you for the information.

I am curious: do I need to put the price (+)/(-) if I can just have the right price on the variation page? How does that work?

Is there a faster way to add the variations? Because, as it stands, it looks like I will have to go product by product to add the different sizes with the different SKUS, picture, prices, etc.
Hello,

Quote:

Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible to upload product variations, though we are planning to revamp our CSV import feature in the future. It will be extended to support additional entities like options, variations, additional images, etc.
Concerning product options, they are rather complex properties of the products, so Ecwid doesn't allow importing product options using the CSV format yet. However, you can partially import product options using CSV files in X-Cart format. Please, refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61320633/...productoptions

Please, vote for this idea in our ideas base for the ability to import options and variations using Ecwid CSV format to be implemented as soon as it gets enough votes.

Quote:
If you assign different prices for your product variations you don’t need to use price modifiers in product options - just set 0.00 for each modifier in product option and the +/- signs won’t be displayed on the product details page.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
combinations, new products, products, sizes, variations