The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Product Option/Variation Issue

I am setting up an apparel store through Ecwid (Business Program) and am loving it so far! However, I have come across an issue. If someone could PLEASE help ASAP, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

For each product, I have various sizes and colors. However, I do not have ALL sizes for each color (i.e. Black T-Shirt w/sizes S, M, XXL). So, when I have a product with black, white and blue shirts, I will have different sizes for each color. When I go to preview the product, I try clicking on each color but it will stay on the same color if there isn't the size chosen for that particular shirt. Does this make sense?

So what I need to happen is for each variation to ONLY show those sizes which are available for that particular color. So if black only has S, M and XXL - I don't want to see L and XXXL as an option. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Becca
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Shocks View Post
I am setting up an apparel store through Ecwid (Business Program) and am loving it so far! However, I have come across an issue. If someone could PLEASE help ASAP, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

For each product, I have various sizes and colors. However, I do not have ALL sizes for each color (i.e. Black T-Shirt w/sizes S, M, XXL). So, when I have a product with black, white and blue shirts, I will have different sizes for each color. When I go to preview the product, I try clicking on each color but it will stay on the same color if there isn't the size chosen for that particular shirt. Does this make sense?

So what I need to happen is for each variation to ONLY show those sizes which are available for that particular color. So if black only has S, M and XXL - I don't want to see L and XXXL as an option. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Becca
At the moment Ecwid does not allow to hide the options, that are out of stock for a definite variation. If a customer selects, let's say, the Black T-Shirt of XXXL size, there will be a message displayed saying that this variation is out of stock.

Let me also explain why hiding the options, what are out of stock for some variation, is not a good idea. This can result in a situation when a customer will not be able to make a choice at all. For example, if you have two values of the color option (black and green, for example) and two values of the size option (S and L), and you do not have Green L and Black S in stock - with the options hidden the customer will not be able to select anything at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
King Shocks (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM

Default In reply

I see. So they will select the option that we do not have and will get a message saying we are out of stock once they go to submit the order? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

When customer selects a variation that is out of stock the 'Add to bag' button won't be shown and there will be 'Out of stock' wording. So customers will learn that these items can't be ordered for now right from the product page.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
combinations