The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 PM

Ecwid Privacy Polivy

How do other merchants handle their privacy policy when it comes to collecting customer information? Can we use part of ecwid's policy since they are the vehicle that collects the data for us?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleeva View Post
How do other merchants handle their privacy policy when it comes to collecting customer information? Can we use part of ecwid's policy since they are the vehicle that collects the data for us?
First of all let's distinguish between the customer payment data and customer contact data.

Currently every online payment method in Ecwid redirects a customer to the payment gateway site. This means customers payment data is not collected or stored in Ecwid. This is what your payment processor does.

The customer data that is stored in Ecwid for the registered customers is e-mail, name and date of registration, plus these customers' shipping addresses are stored in their address books, and only the customers can edit this data in their address books - you as the store admin do not have access to the address books content.

The customers' shipping and billing addresses are stored in their orders in Ecwid control panel.

Please also refer to this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6102
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Lizzie B (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
First of all let's distinguish between the customer payment data and customer contact data.

Currently every online payment method in Ecwid redirects a customer to the payment gateway site. This means customers payment data is not collected or stored in Ecwid. This is what your payment processor does.

The customer data that is stored in Ecwid for the registered customers is e-mail, name and date of registration, plus these customers' shipping addresses are stored in their address books, and only the customers can edit this data in their address books - you as the store admin do not have access to the address books content.

The customers' shipping and billing addresses are stored in their orders in Ecwid control panel.

Please also refer to this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6102
I totally understand that you guys don't do anything with payment data, but what I was wondering is if it would be okay on my site to reference your privacy policy when it comes to collecting the data that you do collect?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleeva View Post
I totally understand that you guys don't do anything with payment data, but what I was wondering is if it would be okay on my site to reference your privacy policy when it comes to collecting the data that you do collect?
Yes, sure. You're welcome to refer your customers to our privacy policy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Lizzie B (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 05:51 PM

Just wanted to make sure, thank you Kess!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.