The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 AM

Question

Add an informative message on the shipping screen for the customer

I want to display to my customer on the shipping screen
a message of my own: (short message no more than 140 chars)
For example:
"We deliver only to US.A. Sorry for the inconvenience"
or something similar

How do I do that ?

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

There're several ways how and where to add this text:

1. In Ecwid, modify language lable "Enter shipping address" or "Country" or "Shipping details". Here are instructions on how to change language labels in Ecwid

Also you can change the text (append this wording to the main text) appearing in the box "Choose delivery method", warnings when shipping isn't calculated for customer. These are labels too.

2. In Ecwid by adding a custom CSS theme. The below CSS code will add the line in the shipping details section, where customer's entering shipping address, under "Enter shipping address":

div.ecwid-Checkout-ShippingAddress table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle:after {
content: "We deliver only to US.A. Sorry for the inconvenience";
font-style: italic;
}

How to change CSS in Ecwid

3. In Ecwid, you can rename shipping methods: append this wording to a method title.

4. Somewhere on your site pages (i.e. not within Ecwid). For ex., in a header, or make it appear only when customer's on the shipping Ecwid page (via javascript)

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanna For This Useful Post:
Cozee (10-10-2012), estruct (11-11-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Hello
I have set my shipping rates based on weight for parcels up to 2000g but I need to display a message saying the following

"For any item or variations of items over 2kg in weight or outsized, please contact us by email for delivery options and prices".

is it possible to display this message before goods are finally checked out !!

Many thanks
Pauline

Last edited by Makfruit; 11-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline Bishop View Post
Hello
I have set my shipping rates based on weight for parcels up to 2000g but I need to display a message saying the following

"For any item or variations of items over 2kg in weight or outsized, please contact us by email for delivery options and prices".

is it possible to display this message before goods are finally checked out !!

Many thanks
Pauline
Hi,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...2113#post62113

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post

I have added the following text to my css :

content: "For any item or variations of items over 2kg in weight or outsized, please contact us by email for delivery options and prices";
}

but the changes are not appearing. The css on my site now looks like this :

}

div.ecwid-Checkout-ShippingAddress-top {
background-color:#cebe8e;
}
content: "For any item or variations of items over 2kg in weight or outsized, please contact us by email for delivery options and prices";
}

div.ecwid-AddressForm-secureLockIcon {
background:transparent url(icons_beige/lock.gif)

}

have I made the changes in the right place !!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

This CSS rule is correct. The problem is caused by errors in your custom CSS theme. The CSS can't be properly parsed by the browser and there's no guarantee that the CSS rules will work as you expect.

I detected two errors that need to be corrected at first place:

Code:
.ecwid div.gwt-Label {
	color: #78654a;

div.ecwid-ProductBrowser-auth-logged span.gwt-InlineLabel {
	color: #7e8611;
}

The closing bracket } is missing in .ecwid div.gwt-Label rule. This rule is almost in the very beginning of the theme. Some browsers can 'read' your theme until this wrong code and not parse the rest of the code.

Code:
.ecwid-EcwidHintingLink-Popup {
	border: 1px solid #c7c7c7
	color: #4b4b4b;
}
Semicolon after the border element is missing. This rule is positioned near to the code to add the text on the checkout page that you mentioned. So most likely the text isn't added because of this very error.

After the above rules are corrected, your custom CSS theme will become syntactically correct and the rule to append the text (and the colors of the boxes on checkout) will work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lanna For This Useful Post:
Paul Habberjam (11-13-2012)
Old 04-26-2014, 03:02 PM

Lana,
Based on your reply below..I went to the code and amended the "Choose delivery method" text with what you see. Is this what you mean by the below text. It does not appear as a change on the shipping details page. One thing that would be really helpful for us non code people is if you numbered your code lines and referred to a number as a line of code where we place these changes?
Thank you for any help you may have

From Lana-Also you can change the text (append this wording to the main text) appearing in the box "Choose delivery method", warnings when shipping isn't calculated for customer. These are labels too.

table-layout: fixed;
width: 100% !important;
}

/*Please select the freight option for pcs count over 70 even if the price on UPS group is cheaper as it will cause an extra invoice to be generated for the difference after delivery in the Shipping details*/
.ecwid-shippingOptions-List span.ecwid-shippingOption label {
font-size: 14px;
display: block;
margin-left: 20px;
float: none;
max-width: 280px;
}

.ecwid-shippingOptions-List span.ecwid-shippingOption label[for] {
max-width: 100%;
Old 05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Quote:
Based on your reply below..I went to the code and amended the "Choose delivery method" text with what you see. Is this what you mean by the below text. It does not appear as a change on the shipping details page.
You have added text
"Use freight option for pcs over 70 to a business address please. Ground options are for boxed items only in pcs counts under 70. USPS option is for samples only. Use local pickup if you have special delivery needs and call me 405-664-0010 for a shipping quote that can be billed separately. Thank you!"

under "Enter shipping address". Screenshot: http://take.ms/qhVJ0
It is added via CSS as I instructed in the posts above:

The below CSS code will add the line in the shipping details section, where customer's entering shipping address, under "Enter shipping address":
Code:
content: "We deliver only to US.A. Sorry for the inconvenience"; 
}
The code should be placed into your CSS theme at Ecwid control panel>System Settings>Design.

Where else would you like to place this text?

Quote:
One thing that would be really helpful for us non code people is if you numbered your code lines and referred to a number as a line of code where we place these changes?
Thank you for any help you may have
Thank you for the suggestion. We'll be glad to make our posts more helpful. Do you mean the format like in this article http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...javascript-api ?

Old 09-20-2014, 04:41 AM

Hi there, I need to add text directly into the product description page.. The txt needs to be shown on every product so I would need to somehow add it to the css. I would like this txt to sit directly under the DESCRIPTION txt but before the RELATED PRODUCTS. is anyone able to help me figure out how to do it please.. TIA
Old 09-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martie Smith View Post
Hi there, I need to add text directly into the product description page.. The txt needs to be shown on every product so I would need to somehow add it to the css. I would like this txt to sit directly under the DESCRIPTION txt but before the RELATED PRODUCTS. is anyone able to help me figure out how to do it please.. TIA
Hi,

I see that you have a Facebook store and you want to add some text at the bottom of every description of the product. You can do it in two ways: add the text at the bottom of description manually to each product or add one a CSS code to your Custom CSS themes, that will add this text to all the product details pages.

In order to use the first option, just go to Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Product > Go to description and add the necessary info at the bottom of the description.

In order to add some text, that will be located after the description, and will be green and large, please add this code to Ecwid control panel > System settings > Design > Custom CSS Themes:

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage .ecwid-productBrowser-details-descr::after {
content: 'Some text I added using CSS after the description';
color: green;
font-size: large;
}
Here's how it will look on Facebook storefront: http://take.ms/BHDZs

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you.
Martie Smith (09-24-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags