The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 PM

Exclamation

Slow in Blogger

Hello.

This is my store in blogger.

http://android-smartphone-b1000j.blogspot.com

This is very slow....

Can you help me ?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Thank you for the report. As far as I can see, it takes too long for the page to load completely, and most of the time the Ecwid's loading animation is shown. It is not something about specifically Blogger or Ecwid. This is caused by some images used on your site. Ecwid store is working fast after the loading has been completed.

Ecwid store loads in 3 phases, as the customer's browser loads your store page:
1. The store's main script (//app.ecwid.com/script.js?NNNNN) is loaded into the page.

2. The additional assets of Ecwid (your custom CSS theme and some more Ecwid scripts) is loaded into the page. At this moment, Ecwid shows the loading bar indicator. Only the indicator is visible up from this point.

--- then the browser continues loading the page and its assets - images, other scripts, Flash movies etc. Ecwid is still displayed as a loading bar indicator, no widgets is displayed yet ---

3. Once all the other assets of the page are completely downloaded, the widgets of Ecwid are displayed. Loading bar is removed from the page, and the visual representation of Ecwid's widgets starts appearing on screen.

So, the loading bar is shown for a long time, because something else besides Ecwid on that page is being loaded for too long, and Ecwid waits when that other asset completes and only then starts showing its widgets.

Exactly the image under this URL:
Code:
https://www.paypalobjects.com/es_XC/MX/Marketing/i/banner/bnr_int1_270x61.gif
is being loaded for about 30 seconds. It's this one image on the site:

If you remove it, your site will load faster and Ecwid will be loaded in a blaze.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 PM

Smile

Thanks...

I going to change this image,,, bye..
Old 12-15-2012, 08:19 PM

Eugene -- I'm having a similar problem. My site seems to load everything within a reasonable amount of time except for the "Add to Bag" buttons of my store.
I'm afraid I've lost 90 percent of my potential sales at my store because of this.
Could you please check my situation and suggest a remedy?

Many thanks -- Jeff

Oh, Eugene -- Here's my store: http://www.onemanswonder.com/p/order...-new-book.html
BTW, I have pretty fast Internet connection, and the buttons are taking a full MINUTE to load! Argh!

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 12-17-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillius View Post
Eugene -- I'm having a similar problem. My site seems to load everything within a reasonable amount of time except for the "Add to Bag" buttons of my store.
I'm afraid I've lost 90 percent of my potential sales at my store because of this.
Could you please check my situation and suggest a remedy?

Many thanks -- Jeff

Oh, Eugene -- Here's my store: http://www.onemanswonder.com/p/order...-new-book.html
BTW, I have pretty fast Internet connection, and the buttons are taking a full MINUTE to load! Argh!
The reason is the same as here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...0258#post60258 , but there are lots of widgets in your sidebar, and the slowest of them is seemingly the StumbleUpon one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
jwillius (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:11 PM

You're a life-saver, Eugene -- thank you so much! As you suggested, removing the Stumble Upon widget alone sped up the load time for my Add To Bag stuff from over a minute to about 45 seconds. Wow, it's like having Roto Rooter clear a plugged drain!!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
blogger, slow