The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:26 PM

Adding donations to checkout

We are a nonprofit organization that subsists on a variation of sales and donations. Is there a way with Ecwid to allow people to include a donation in with their purchase?
Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Covington View Post
We are a nonprofit organization that subsists on a variation of sales and donations. Is there a way with Ecwid to allow people to include a donation in with their purchase?
Can you please describe in more details how exactly you envision donating? Are you expecting to allow donating some pre-set fixed sums or allow the customers to just set the amount themselves? Should that be a part of every purchase or an optional thing?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:38 PM

We would like for it to be an option with each purchase. We would prefer not to have set amounts, but let donors decide how much they would like to give.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
Can you please describe in more details how exactly you envision donating? Are you expecting to allow donating some pre-set fixed sums or allow the customers to just set the amount themselves? Should that be a part of every purchase or an optional thing?
Still wondering about this...
Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Ecwid Team

Currently, the products in Ecwid shops are sold at the fixed prices set by the store owner in the Ecwid control panel manually or via import. The customers can only control the price of the products they buy via the product options.

You can create separate product with $1.00 price and call it “Donation”. Your customer will be able to add this product to the cart and set how much they want to donate using “Qty” fields.

This product can be placed in any part of your site, using “HTML Code” from Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Products → Product modify page → HTML code. In the case time you can hide this product from the main catalog using hidden categories feature.

If you like this idea and need more details explanation, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Kiewit Charity Classic (03-12-2013), Natasha M DiMarco (02-21-2015)
Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 AM

Default donations widget that is clean and clear.

I assume that you mean the widget that has the radio button options...which is great. But can I get around the confusing +amounts? I just want a clean widget with $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 donation options...is this possible? Many thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele Cart View Post
I assume that you mean the widget that has the radio button options...which is great. But can I get around the confusing +amounts? I just want a clean widget with $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 donation options...is this possible? Many thanks!
Yes, sure it is possible.

In order to do this you should:
1. Go to Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Products and create new product (“Donation” for example)
2. Set “Price” at 0
3. Go to “Options” tab on product modify page and click “New option”
4. Set option name (For example, “How much do you want to donate?”)
5. Select input type (Radio button or Dropbox)
6. Add selections for this option as it shown here:

7. Click “Save”
8. Go to “HTML Code” tab and select widget components, which will be shown. I suggest you to leave “Product name” and “Options”

9. Copy generated product code from the textarea and place it on your site, where “Donation” product should be shown. You can edit this code as needed, for example, you can remove the price in brackets next to each option.
10. Hide this product from main catalog using Hidden categories functionality.

------------------
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Kenneth Edwards1 (01-20-2017), WTMY (12-03-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 AM

I guess I phrased it incorrectly...I want the +amounts to be not visible...Sorry...please clarify if you understand. thx.
The widget is too crowded for the 200 pixel wide area I want it to fit into...if I can remove the "+$5.00," it might help...if not, any suggestions to make the widget thinner would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Last edited by Steele Cart; 07-16-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele Cart View Post
I guess I phrased it incorrectly...I want the +amounts to be not visible...Sorry...please clarify if you understand. thx.
The widget is too crowded for the 200 pixel wide area I want it to fit into...if I can remove the "+$5.00," it might help...if not, any suggestions to make the widget thinner would be appreciated. Thanks again!
You can easily remove (+$5.00) and other values in brackets. In order to do this you just need to remove this text from the source code of single product widget (this code is placed inside "span.ecwid-productBrowser-details-optionRadioButton-bracket" element).

Or you can hide text in brackets using following code in your custom CSS theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-Product span.ecwid-productBrowser-details-optionRadioButton-bracket {
   display: none;
}
If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 PM

well--on the widget that I embedded...I can do as you've pointed out...but the extra space didn't fix the crowded issue..."$" is still directly over the radio buttons.

Also, I tried the css...where do I put that exactly...I tried ecwid.css and template.css...neither worked.

Is it possible to thin out the widget? Thx for your patience...

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.