The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:24 PM

Exclamation

import failure on downloaded prod. listings through dsdi

i've tried using all formats and no matter what i use i get import failed.here is a copy of that error message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1126  
Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrobby2010 View Post
i've tried using all formats and no matter what i use i get import failed.here is a copy of that error message.
Hello,

Most probably, the issue is caused by incorrect import settings (for example, wrong delimiter). Please provide us with the CSV file you used, we'll look into it. You can attach it to your post here.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-22-2012, 12:59 AM

I've tried all day today and haven't gotten it to work. Please, help.

PS. I've tried all 3 delimiters and it till won't work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DSDI ZIPPED.zip (312.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by maya; 03-22-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 PM

I hopoe you guys are working on this impoort failure problem.It's vital that i get this resolved as quickly as possible.I can't list my product listings and losing money on my buisiness right now without this file working.At least tell me on this post if your atleast working on it.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Ecwid Team

Sorry for the delay.

We are investigating it. We'll get back to you soon.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
smithrobby2010 (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM

ok no problem.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrobby2010 View Post
I hopoe you guys are working on this impoort failure problem.It's vital that i get this resolved as quickly as possible.I can't list my product listings and losing money on my buisiness right now without this file working.At least tell me on this post if your atleast working on it.
I have checked your CSV file and, most probably, import failure has been caused by different columns order in your CSV file and in pop-up import window:

In order to import products from your CSV file successfully you should sort columns in pop-up import window, in such way, that columns order in the file will be the same with columns order in the window (use “Skip column” for columns, which can’t be imported in Ecwid).
For example, first column in your CSV file is “DSDI SKU”, therefore, you should drag and drop “SKU” column in “Import columns” block to the top of the list. Next columns, according to your CSV file is “MODEL”, which doesn’t have corresponding field in Ecwid, therefore, you should drag and drop “Skip column” field to the second position of “Import columns” list or remove this field from your CSV file (add information about model in product description field). The third “MANUFACTURERS NAME” column doesn’t have corresponding field in Ecwid also and, therefore should be deleted from CSV file.

I recommend you to merge “Model” and “MANUFACTURERS NAME” columns with “Product description” field and remove “MAP”, “MAP PRICE” and “PRODUCT SPECS” fields (they will not be imported anyway).

In this case you CSV file’s columns structure will be following:
DSDI SKU
PRODUCT NAME
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
QUANTITY
CATEGORY
MASTER CATEGORY
PRODUCT ADDED
IMPORTANT NOTES
IMAGES PATH (should contain absolute path to the product image)
RESELLER PRICE
MSRP
SHIP METHOD
WEIGHT

Your import settings will be following:

Once you change your CSV file as described above and have used import setting as on screen shot, your products will be imported successfully.

Please, refer to this article for more details about products import: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/Import-Export

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:24 AM

Exclamation did the above steps no luck.

I did all your recomendations and still can't get it to work.i'm getting so frustrated at this i could scream.All i get is a different error message.sending you a screenshot of the error and another updated cvs file to show you what all i've changed and if i've let something out let me knlow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ecwid error.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1141  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Book1.zip (519.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Ecwid Team

As far as I can see from the screenshot, you have tried to import your products from .xlsx file. Currently, Ecwid supports product import from .csv files only. Therefore, when you have upload Book1.xlsx file for import, you got Internal error.

In order to import products using this file you should:
1. Open Book1.xlsx file in Microsoft Excel product click File → Save as → and choose “Text CSV” from files type list.
Note: If you want that product images will be imported too, you should change relative URLs in “Images path” column (“automotive/cargo_liners/”) to absolute URLs to the product image (for example, “http://www.yoursite.com/automotive/c...roduct1.jpg”)
2. Go to Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Products and click “Import products” button
3. Choose created Book1.csv, Delimeter - “Comma” and columns order as on this screenshot:
4. Click “Import” button.

Once you do this your products will be successfully imported.

Please, try it and let me know about results.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:54 PM

ok thanks,forgot to switch the proper format

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.