The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Tax calculation don't work on PC, but works fine on Mac

Tax calculation don't work on PC. But works fine on Mac.

Firefox 8.0.1 on Windows 7:
First Firefox shows the price without tax. But after a while of clicking through some pages, the tax suddenly appears and all is well. So I do not know how to interpret the problem.

Chrome 17.0.963.79 m and Explorer 9.8112.16421 on both Windows 7 and Vista:
All prices are exclusive of taxes. And in the Cart the tax shows as 0.00.

What could be wrong?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM

My shop is haunted by ghosts. Today, the tax calculation works in Firefox and Chrome on both Mac and PC.
But it does not work with Safari on Mac and not in Explorer on PC.

- Do Ecwid possibly have redundant servers?
I had a similar experiences of this kind when the redundancy is not working.

In such a case you sometimes get connected to a server 1, where everything works. And the next time you get connected to server 2 and things dont work or are missing.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 PM

if your taxes are bound to some specific destination zone, then they will or will not be calculated depending on the fact that the current customer belongs or does not belong to that zone. So, if you just fresh opened the store front in a new browser - Ecwid may not know your address yet, so it may not sometimes identify if you belong to a specific zone, so the taxes for that zone may not be calculated. If, however, you proceed to checkout and input your addresses, your zone will be determined and the taxes can then be applied accordingly.

This does not ever depend on the exact browser being used or on the redundancy of Ecwid's servers.

Please, try proceeding to checkout at least once in every browser - most probably, your taxes will be calculated consistently, once you test your consistently.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Ok, thank you Eugene.

Now I understand what's happening. I have not dared to launch the site because of this problem.

But, may I ask...
I have so far only one tax rate and will only sell within a one zone. Can I somehow set the rates to always show?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Attar View Post
Ok, thank you Eugene.

Now I understand what's happening. I have not dared to launch the site because of this problem.

But, may I ask...
I have so far only one tax rate and will only sell within a one zone. Can I somehow set the rates to always show?
If you want the tax rates to not depend on destination zones, you can set a rate for the 'Other zones' option and remove another rates on the tax management page. This way, the same tax values will be displayed for each customer, even if they don't provide their address yet.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.