The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:41 AM

Order Comments section

The "Order Comments" addition is just what we have needed and we love it! One problem is that on a few orders, this whole section is missing including Order notes field caption.
Could it be because we haven't check marked the "Require customers to create accounts on checkout" box?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:18 PM

No, shouldn't be the cause of it.
have you checked if all admin notifications contain the right code to capture it?
Langdons Stovebolt (03-10-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 07:38 PM

I now believe it is simply a case of the customer not answering the question. I assumed the "Question" would have appeared even if there was no answer, but that must not be the case.
Still is a great feature!

Is there a way to FORCE the input, like a required field?

Last edited by maya; 03-12-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 PM

Unfortunately there is no way to make this field mandatory at the moment. However you are welcome to vote for the following idea at http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ence-templates.

Meanwhile you can create a custom script with the help of JavaScript API that will not display “Continue” button until some text is entered into the comments field. And the text above this field should say something like “To continue checkout please fill this field in”.

If you need any assistance with such a script creation, please contact our colleagues from Qualiteam: sales@qtmsoft.com
Old 05-03-2012, 02:20 PM

The "Order Comments" MAY have one problem. A few orders, this whole section is missing including Order notes field caption. I originally thought it was missing because the customer just ignored the question. I'm rethinking that because 33% of our current open orders are missing this Q and A. Since it works on most orders, I believe we have it set up correctly. Any other thoughts as to why it's missing? Order by other than on-line, like a phone?
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveboltengineco.com HELPSOLVE View Post
The "Order Comments" MAY have one problem. A few orders, this whole section is missing including Order notes field caption. I originally thought it was missing because the customer just ignored the question. I'm rethinking that because 33% of our current open orders are missing this Q and A. Since it works on most orders, I believe we have it set up correctly. Any other thoughts as to why it's missing? Order by other than on-line, like a phone?
Thanks!
Hi, do you see this issue in your storefront or in your control panel?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 PM

I notice it when we receive the E-Mail notification of a new order and when we print out the invoice. It's either all there, even if it's on the second page, or it's missing everywhere related to the control panel. I don't think I have ever looked for it in the store front.

Sample of what it looks like when we get it:
(Our question)
NOTICE! We need to know your vehicle type (Pass car, Truck) and year also engine size and year to avoid delays in processing. We will call (or you can call us) for your Credit Card info ASAP.

(Customer answer)
1962 Ford Falcon
170ci Inline 6
Carb type is - Holley #2487 2 Barrel

On some of the orders, the above (Q & A) section is missing.
I was just assuming the customer ignored it.
Our site:
stoveboltengineco com
Thank You!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:06 PM

Default Order Comment Title Not Showing

Recently found the Order Comments feature and enabled it on my site. The comment field shows up on the Payment Details page but the caption I selected does not. Is the set up for this feature not as easy as I thought? Anything else I need to do?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenpartyteas View Post
Recently found the Order Comments feature and enabled it on my site. The comment field shows up on the Payment Details page but the caption I selected does not. Is the set up for this feature not as easy as I thought? Anything else I need to do?
I have checked you store and found out that order comments title was hidden by following code in your custom CSS theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle, table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle div.gwt-Label {
display:none;
}
Once you remove this code, Order comments title will be shown as expected. However, all other titles on the checkout page will be shown too.

In order to make visible only this title, you should add following code in your custom CSS theme:
Code:
.ecwid-PaymentCommentsBlock  table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle div.gwt-Label {
display: block;
}

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 PM

Thanks so much for your help. I deleted the code as you instructed and am now able to see the title I entered above the comment field.

Unfortunately I could not get this code to work:

Quote:
Once you remove this code, Order comments title will be shown as expected. However, all other titles on the checkout page will be shown too.

In order to make visible only this title, you should add following code in your custom CSS theme:
Code:

.ecwid-PaymentCommentsBlock table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle div.gwt-Label {
display: block;
}
All the titles now show. I can live with it but would prefer that were removed. Any chance the code is not quite right? I pasted it in the same place where I removed the one you told me to remove, and saved it but all the titles still show. Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.