The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM

layout change someone please help!

one other thing i have been struggling to figure out is how to move the product description i have already modified it a bit currently it looks like this - i am trying to move the description above the sku like this -

Sorry about all the questions im just starting to learn css... very slowly
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM

Default layout change someone please help!

i have been trying to figure out a way to move the product description from under the image to judt above the sku like this

how can i implement this change? i have been working on it for over a week now and i really need some insight into how to do it.

I would also like to know how to change the "in the bag" image shown on the above screenshot to an image of my own.

ps.site is www.thriftybynature.weebly.com

Last edited by courtney yearwood; 03-08-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 PM

If you would like the product description to be moved above the SKU, this can be achieved by creating a custom script with the help of JavaScript API, that will move the the product description block above the SKU.

Please use the following javascript code, which should be added to the end of the HTML page where Ecwid is installed:
Quote:
<script type="text/javascript">
Ecwid.OnPageLoaded.add(function(page) {
if (page.type == "PRODUCT") { jQuery("div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-descr").insertBefore(".ecwid-productBrowser-sku");
}
})
</script>
In the following thread you can find the explanation of how such a script can be created and what each element in it means:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=47687

As for the “In the Bag” icon, you need to take the following steps:

Grab this image: [url]http://app.ecwid.com/icons_beige/bag.png[url]. It is a CSS sprite, so it actually has two images of the bag.
Edit this image in any image editor. Change the look of the shopping bag.
Upload this image to your server or to any image hosting.
Add the following CSS code to your Ecwid store:

Quote:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-inTheBag {
background-image:url(PATH_TO_YOUR_IMAGE) no-repeat scroll left center;
}
Replace the "PATH_TO_YOUR_IMAGE" with the real path to the modified image.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 AM

Thank for the reply, i added the script you provided but it did not move the product description. I tried adding it in different locations and chenging the script,I have tried everything I can think of but i cannot figure out why it isnt working. Any ideas ?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney yearwood View Post
Thank for the reply, i added the script you provided but it did not move the product description. I tried adding it in different locations and chenging the script,I have tried everything I can think of but i cannot figure out why it isnt working. Any ideas ?
I have checked your site and as far as I can see you have installed the script properly. The reason why it doesn’t work is that you have not installed jQuery library, which is required for its’ correctly work. In order to install it you should add following code:
Code:
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
before “</head>” tag on your site.

Once you install it, provided script will work as expected.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
courtney yearwood (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 03:29 AM

thank you for the quick reply, i added the jquery but it still isnt changing the position of the product description... im not sure what i have done wrong
Old 03-17-2012, 03:43 AM

the change worked it seamed to take a few minutes to be implemented but when i checked the site again the description was in the right place. i just wanted to say thank you for all your help. ecwid is such a great program im so happy i found it ( its the only thing besides my domain name i am happy to pay for ) so thanks again and keep up the great work !

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.