The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 AM

Edit Invoice format?

I'd like to tweak the Invoice format... at the moment, due to the large font sizes and a few extra blank spaces, when I print an invoice, the last line or two ends up on a 2nd page.

In fact, the last 2 lines -- my email and URL -- are about 2x the font size they need to be, with way more white space between them and the address, above, than is necessary. Even the word "Invoice" and the order # and date could be way smaller, which would reduce the chances of printing an invoice that's 2 pages long.

Where can I change some of the invoice formatting that I just described?

Thanks.

Last edited by Steven Sashen; 03-11-2010 at 04:00 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Sashen View Post
I'd like to tweak the Invoice format... at the moment, due to the large font sizes and a few extra blank spaces, when I print an invoice, the last line or two ends up on a 2nd page.

In fact, the last 2 lines -- my email and URL -- are about 2x the font size they need to be, with way more white space between them and the address, above, than is necessary. Even the word "Invoice" and the order # and date could be way smaller, which would reduce the chances of printing an invoice that's 2 pages long.

Where can I change some of the invoice formatting that I just described?

Thanks.
Steven,

Do you want to change the Invoice which you print in the back-end or in control panel?

1. If the first case -- you can try changing the invoice via CSS.

2. If the second case -- please report this issue to our bugtracker.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM

I'm referring to the Invoice that prints when I'm viewing the orders in the Sales tab... and the click the Print Invoice button.

If that's the #1 in your post, can you be more specific than "change the CSS", given what I'm reporting (that font sizes and spacing for those elements causes what should be a 1 page invoice to become 2 pages)?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I'm referring to the Invoice that prints when I'm viewing the orders in the Sales tab... and the click the Print Invoice button.

If that's the #1 in your post, can you be more specific than "change the CSS", given what I'm reporting (that font sizes and spacing for those elements causes what should be a 1 page invoice to become 2 pages)?
1. Since you get this issue in back-end, please report it to our bugtracker.

2. You can change the look of Ecwid invoices in the storefront. So if you get this issue there, it will be possible to make the font size a bit less to fix this issue. However I cannot give you an exact CSS code for now -- it requires an additional investigation. So if you have this issue in your storefront too, let me know and I will investigate it.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Sorry, I'm completely confused.

I don't know what you mean by "if you have this issue in your storefront too." What do you want me to check and where am I checking?

What I can tell you SOUNDS simple: When I print an invoice by clicking on the Print Invoice button, because of the font sizes you use by default, the invoice prints on 2 pages when it could be on 1.

It doesn't sound like a "bug" as much as it sounds like something that SHOULD be able to be modified if you know where to do so.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Sorry, I'm completely confused.

I don't know what you mean by "if you have this issue in your storefront too." What do you want me to check and where am I checking?

What I can tell you SOUNDS simple: When I print an invoice by clicking on the Print Invoice button, because of the font sizes you use by default, the invoice prints on 2 pages when it could be on 1.

It doesn't sound like a "bug" as much as it sounds like something that SHOULD be able to be modified if you know where to do so.
Steven,

Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear.

Look, you can print an invoice in two different places: in backend and in storefront.

1. In storefront you can print them when the order is placed and the "thank you for order" page is displayed. If it was some issue with this page, it would be possible to fix it via custom CSS, because we can override storefront's styles with custom themes.

2. In backend we cannot override existing styles. So:

- Please create a new idea about changing invoice at ideas.ecwid.com
- Since when you print a usual invoice it doesn't fit on one page, I consider it as bug. Please also report it to our bugtracker, we will think on how to improve the look of the invoice.
- Also as a workaround you can try to adapt CSS styles of your backend using this plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108

Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Great news! We have released customizable HTML invoices. New invoices have clean and simple design together with the ability to edit the template to fully meet your business requirements. Checkout this blog post for more details: http://www.ecwid.com/blog/new-payment-receipts.html

If you have any questions feel free to contact us on forum or leave your comments below the blog post.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.