The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Integration of Ecwid with custom Product pages

I am currently evaluating the use of Ecwid on our site and am running into a snag in the way I would like to integrate. I have my own existing product pages that I would like to retain and use Ecwid for the cart and checkout functionality. This appears to work OK but am having a problem figuring out how to overcome the product link that appears next to the product during checkout. This link will take the customer to the Ecwid-defined product page - not my custom page. Is there any way around this? I am a little reluctant to use Javascript tricks to redirect the customer to my own link.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:29 AM

The technique of creating a JavaScript that can do this is described in this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/48172585/...xternal%20site
Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 AM

Thanks for your response. I'll give it a try. Are there risks in being penalized by the search engines for using Javascript redirects?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hodgens View Post
Thanks for your response. I'll give it a try. Are there risks in being penalized by the search engines for using Javascript redirects?
The search engines are usually not checking out, but what is more important, they cannot index the active contents of the Ecwid shopping widget at all, because they don't evaluate JavaScript, which powers Ecwid. Instead, you can provide the information about your products with help of a few different SEO techniques described here: http://kb.ecwid.com/SEO . The redirect suggested above will not affect any of those techniques, so you may not penalized for using it for Ecwid widgets.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cart, checkout, integrate, product links