The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:51 AM

The setting "Maximum allowed order subtotal" should:

1. give the shopper a warning if they exceed the subtotal and try to check out. Instead, the "checkout" button just highlights for a few seconds then does *nothing*. So the client has no idea why they can't proceed to checkout and it gives the impression the store is broken and therefore unreliable.

2. should be made clearer by renaming it "Maximum allowed bill subtotal" or "Maximum allowed cost subtotal", so it's obvious you're limiting the *cost* and not the number of items. There really should be a way to limit the number of any product in a single purchase too, but for now at least please fix your wording.

Last edited by Allfarm Animal Health; 05-29-2020 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:08 AM

Those are valid points. I was testing the features out, trying to familiarize myself with everything to know how to use it and what is the best option for me.
I must admit that I was sure "Maximum allowed order subtotal" means the number of items in the cart and not the cost.
Your suggestions are very on point. Could those improvements be done?

--------------------
Nick MacKenzie
Masters of Digital
https://mastersofdigital.com.au/website-design-geelong/

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.