The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:39 PM

Search results

Is there a way we can limit the search results to show only the one that contains the search string? It looks confusing containing all the results and doesn't really make it obviously in the results which one is the main one.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald A Seavey View Post
Is there a way we can limit the search results to show only the one that contains the search string? It looks confusing containing all the results and doesn't really make it obviously in the results which one is the main one.
Hello,

Ecwid powerful built-in search engine provides quick and relevant search among a huge amount of products. It uses a special stand-alone search server (Solr) that constantly indexes all Ecwid stores and always keeps the product information accurate and up to date. So when you add a new product to your store, it immediately becomes available for search in all of your storefronts. Ecwid searches products over multiple fields:

product name
product description
product SKU
product options
category name

Even so, Ecwid provides a customer with the most relevant search results and it does it quickly. It makes Ecwid different from a lot of other shopping carts.

You are right, the search works all over your store, to bring up as many results as possible. The results are shown in order of relevance. This approach help to increase the chance that the customers will find exactly what they were looking for.

It is possible to make the search more specific, please, refer to this article for details: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...chmorespecific
Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM

Is there something more user-friendly besides adding the quotes in? Not very user friendly..The search looks confusing. It doesn't show the differences if I search like 'Apple A', it gives me a list of all the apples A-Z, but doesn't really highlight Apple A.

No answer on this?

Last edited by Liza; 08-21-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald A Seavey View Post
Is there something more user-friendly besides adding the quotes in? Not very user friendly..The search looks confusing. It doesn't show the differences if I search like 'Apple A', it gives me a list of all the apples A-Z, but doesn't really highlight Apple A.

No answer on this?
Hello Donald,

I am sorry for the delay with the answer.

In general customers use the search for getting information about some products in the store and maybe for comparing the prices. In most cases they don’t exactly know whether particular product or category exist in the store. Therefore they are interested in getting a larger set of search results, so this is what Ecwid does for them. Ecwid gives a customer not only particular products but also additional information on request.

Thus in Ecwid the search works all over the store and shows as much results as possible, in order of relevance.

In addition I would like to say, that we developed the Faceted Search feature which allows you to get more specific search results in your Ecwid store.
Please see the more detailed information in the following thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29375

Also feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.