The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:03 AM

How do I change the color of the "Add to Bag" button.

How do I change the color of the "Add to Bag" button into red (http://www.fishmonger.in/fishes.html). I tried all possibilities but could not get to the solution. Please give me a specific solution.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinakie Kansabanik View Post
How do I change the color of the "Add to Bag" button into red (http://www.fishmonger.in/fishes.html). I tried all possibilities but could not get to the solution. Please give me a specific solution.
Could you please clarify how exactly you have tried to change the color and what kind of difficulties you faced?
The instruction how you can change the “Add to Bag” button is here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-bag%22-button
Please use it and do not hesitate to ask a further help.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:08 PM

I really wish changing the color "add to bag" and other buttons was easier. Why sprites? Can't all this be accomplished easier and with more customization options with non-image based CSS?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catum LLC View Post
I really wish changing the color "add to bag" and other buttons was easier. Why sprites? Can't all this be accomplished easier and with more customization options with non-image based CSS?
Hi,

Thank you for your message.
We chose this way to modify layout as quite flexible. Basically you can change design elements to whatever you like, no limits in choosing any color, position, font, effects, etc.
Yes, there is another approach for design customising including pre-defined templates or altering layout elements with a visual editor. So far we chose the first variant as more flexible. Still we’re moving forward and our goal is to make Ecwid more easier and more user-friendly. So we thank you for sharing your thoughts. This way we see what you wish to get.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:21 AM

Echo Catum's point. The 'Add to Cart' button looks really dated and to change it should be easier. Also, he method of changing the 'Buy Now' button is different to how you change the 'Add to Cart' button, why!?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari Lanson View Post
Echo Catum's point. The 'Add to Cart' button looks really dated and to change it should be easier. Also, he method of changing the 'Buy Now' button is different to how you change the 'Add to Cart' button, why!?
Hello,

Thank you for your question!

The methods of changing the "Buy now" and "Add to Bag" buttons differ due to the fact that the "Buy now" ones are built with CSS3 instead of using uploaded images.

"Buy now" buttons were added to Ecwid with the CSS3 method. Such buttons have several advantages to the ones that use images:

1. Easier localization (it's easier to translate text than images)
2. Skinning/themeing (it's easier to change the look and feel with CSS than create several images)
3. Accessibility (screen readers can read properly, text scaling works properly)
4. Performance (the CSS is shared and so is loaded once from the server)
5. Functionality (it's easier to expand the button with new UX elements like dropdown arrow when you don't have to change the whole picture)

So, the only reason why the methods differ is that CSS3 "Buy now" buttons were added in Ecwid when we fully discovered the usability of the new method.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to river For This Useful Post:
gay people (06-06-2020)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.