The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 PM

If I cancel an order within a few hours, does that mean the client's credit card will not be charged?

A few hours after I charged a client, I realized that I had accidentally overcharged her. I have gone into my dashboard and "cancelled" the order. Does that mean the client's credit card will not be charged at all? How time sensitive is this action?
Old 08-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Webpartner

As far as I can tell, all the payment solutions charge the customer right away when she places an order. I am not sure if Ecwid reverses the payment when you cancel an order - probably not every payment gateway has an API for reversals. So, your customer was surely charged and you should check with your payment solution of choice if the payment was actually reversed after you cancelled the order.

Termion | Helata | Martina

Get 1 year of access to all our current and future themes.

Follow us on Twitter: @thematizr
The Following User Says Thank You to Thematizr.com For This Useful Post:
Wendy (08-14-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Kennedy Baxter View Post
A few hours after I charged a client, I realized that I had accidentally overcharged her. I have gone into my dashboard and "cancelled" the order. Does that mean the client's credit card will not be charged at all? How time sensitive is this action?
Hello Lynn!

Basically Ecwid doesn’t charge your customers itself. All transaction are performed on the payment processors’ side. In your case when your customer filled his credit card data in the form and placed the order, the payment processor charged him.
You can do refunds of the transactions in your payment account. We explain this question in detail in this thread, please check: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19738#2

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cancelled order, chargeback, return