The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Question

Different purchase confirmation emails for different item purchases

Hi,

There is one specific item in my store which requires specific instructions. However, I only want to make these instructions viewable by the customer after they have made the purchase. Up until now, we have been mailing each customer individually. But as orders continue to increase, this will quickly become infeasible. I had hoped there would be a way to specify the confirmation email received by customers for this product, but it does not look like that functionality exists. Is there any way to automatically send an email to the customer upon purchase of one and only one item?

Thanks,
color-my-i
http://www.color-my-i.com
Old 05-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Yes, sure, it totally possible. You can send custom email notification, when a particular product has been bought.

In order to do this you will need to develop custom script using our Instant order notification API, which allows you to detect that new order has been placed, and Order API, which allows you to get the list of ordered products.

Using this information, the script will be able to detect if new order has been placed and get the list of ordered products. If it contains the product, which require special instruction, custom notification will be send.

If you need a professional help with custom script development, I suggest you to contact our colleagues from Qualiteam. Please, send a message with description at sales@qtmsoft.com for the quote.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
color-my-i (05-28-2012), Sunny Ng (04-25-2013)
Old 05-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed =)
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 PM

yikes. that's way over my head. can you explain more clearly?
Old 05-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa J View Post
yikes. that's way over my head. can you explain more clearly?
Hello,

This customisation is required some programming skills and if you need professional help with this, I suggest you to contact with our partners from Qualiteam. Just send them request to sales@qtmsoft.com email address for quote.

If you have any other questions, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
confirmation email