The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 PM

have noticed many of the other online shopping malls have added at the least the option for adding the ISBN,UPC, etc. codes & those options have been in place for some time.
i luck out in that many of the items in my store are "unique" & i can ask for the exemption.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:37 PM

For google M C it is called M.P.N. or Manufacturer part number. ISBN is for books or media like music CD's. you can use either or but if it is not needed it is not needed. As of September 22nd the rules are going to be super strict.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM

@getDEOGO

If you are manually editing the .XML file would what is the proper Value markup to add a UPC code to each product? Any one have any input on this?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Hey dielawn, here's how we did it, right after <description>, in the <g:gtin> value:

<description> Give your undershirts, shirts, and blouses a new lease on life. Deo-Go removes yellow &amp; discolored armpit stains and deodorant build-up. 100% guaranteed, or your money back! To view before &amp; after pictures, please click here. This 250ml (9oz.) Bottle will treat approximately 15 garments. Almond scented. Shoppers from outside the U.S. &amp; Canada may purchase Deo-Go on www.deo-go.com. </description>
<g:gtin>506021963004</g:gtin>
<g: product_type>Home & Garden > Household Supplies > Laundry Supplies > Fabric Stain Removers</g: product_type>
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM

some very interesting questions and answers in this thread indeed. I myself am not bothering to involve myself with fine tuning google product search, because even with my long titles and missing xml tags i styill get in there, and i'm not sure how loads of hours manually editing xml tags will alter how well i get in their search results, compared to how much money i could be making spending that same time on adding new products or doing one or other of my many effective seo practices.. i can make a few hundred dollars just posting things on facebook and other social networks (posting to 5 accounts on each network using Yoono) in half an hour, so to spend 3 days editing xml google product search tags would probably lose me thousands of dollars in potential marketing time. Is the resulting benefits of perfectly (manually altered) xml in product search worth my time expenditure? does the time expenditure bring any noticeable difference in clicks, leads, sales?

Im so glad we have 'fine tuners' who will make loudpseakers that have up to 26000 megaherz, screens that have wider frequencies of color, and efficient product search tags in xml that will coalesce with all integrated apps.. because people like me will be happy to use loudpseakers that have only 22 thousand megaherz frequency limit.. namely because a human ear, can not hear anything above that, so to increase the frequency (efficiency) above that, is completely irrelevant to the human sense organs.

In the same way, whether my product has a description or not in google product search, and the amount of time i would have to spend on 2000 products and rising manually editing them, would nor rentabilitize the potential earnings possibly gained compared to the time expenditure, and loss of time available to earn money working on other things.

My case is different from that of many as it has come to pass, that anything i post or do in my chosen networks causes my businesses to flourish and sell. It doesnt matter what i do or say or write anymore, all of it generates traffic, interest and sales..

So my time is money these days, and it has slowly become time for me to start hiring others to do the things talked about here in this thread. I'm wondering what someone would ask for as a fee to do this task for me? Maybe i would hire someone to do such a task if the results are worth the fee.. worth considering indeed

Last edited by Thailand Amulets; 09-10-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spellcheck and add info

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.