The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Page Name/Permalink Issues and Page Shifting

When I set up my ECWID catalog and account, I placed the initial code on a test page (named something like.. "store-test") and I had no issues with anything shifting or redirecting. Then when I renamed the page to "shop" the page wouldn't even load. If I try to preview the page, I get redirected to my home page.

So I created a new page named, "Store", this time the page will load, but for some strange reason, it:
a) does something very strange to the position of the page; the header is cut off on the top and the only way to see it is if you pull the top of the browser up, but clicking on an item in the catalog shifts everything down again
b) my scrollbars disappear, I tried to insert
Code:
html {overflow:auto !important;}
to the custom CSS theme I'm using for my shop, but it doesn't seem to do anything
So my question is this, does it matter what you name your store or what permalink you use (i.e. store vs. shop et. al)

Why is the page shifting?

Here's a link to the page named "store"

Here's a link to the page named "shop" but all it does is redirect you to the homepage.

Last edited by Modern Man; 08-07-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM

I had some issues with an Ecwid store I built after renaming the page. I ended up deleting the plugin and deleting the page then reinstalling the plugin. When you perform the install, it creates a specific page for itself on your wordpress site called "store".

Not sure that helps and it doesn't give an explanation, but it worked for me last time...
Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM

I had some issues with an Ecwid store I built after renaming the page. I ended up deleting the plugin and deleting the page then reinstalling the plugin. When you perform the install, it creates a specific page for itself on your wordpress site called "store".

Not sure that helps and it doesn't give an explanation, but it worked for me last time...
Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM

I tried to deactivate, uninstall, clear the cache, then reinstall the plugin, but it's still shifting the page up. Not exactly sure what's causing this, but it's really frustrating!

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Man View Post
I tried to deactivate, uninstall, clear the cache, then reinstall the plugin, but it's still shifting the page up. Not exactly sure what's causing this, but it's really frustrating!

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
You have to delete the old "Store" page that Ecwid created on your site before you reinstall so that it creates a completely new one... if that doesn't work then I don't know.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
permalinks, redirecting, scrollbar, shifting