The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:51 AM

Product Display Line up

Hi,

I want to make my website so it has a minimal front page (/) , with sub pages:
/shop
/blog
/help
/contact

On the front page (/) I want to create a simple product display - maybe showing pictures of 4-5 of the newest products.

I want the main ecwid shop to be at "/shop". I want to keep "/" simple but promote our products as soon as the customer arrives.

I don't want to put categories on "/", just products. Then, if they click the products they will be taken to the right product or category in the actual shop at /shop.

I also want to use the same solution for posting pictures of our new products in /blog. If we write about the newest product, I want the image to link straight to the product in /shop.

Is this possible with ecwid?

Cheers,

James.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:55 PM

Is this possible with ecwid? - Yes it can be done.

On the front page (/) I want to create a simple product display - maybe showing pictures of 4-5 of the newest products.

Two Options: Select the products you want to display and then use the html code tab and for each product paste in the html code (if you are familiar with html code you can play around with the formatting, but keep the ecwid references the same.)

Alternatively you can:

Set up a category called say "Latest Products" and include those products you wish to display in this category.

Then take the "Dashboard - Product Browser Widget Code" add the category id for the "latest products" category. So in the example below the Latest Products category id is 1111 the code would be:

<div>
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1003'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'> xProductBrowser("itemsPerRow=3", "itemsPerPage=9", "searchResultsItemsPerPage=10"
, "defaultCategoryId=1111"); </script>
</div>

Some parts of the Ecwid layout like search box and bread crumbs will be displayed, but they can be removed by using css.

Then insert this code into the page you wish to display the latest products on. ADVANTAGE of this method is you can quickly change the latest products without any html coding.

I want the main ecwid shop to be at "/shop".

Ensure you paste the "Dashboard - Product Browser Widget Code" code into the index page file for "/shop".

I don't want to put categories on "/", just products. Then, if they click the products they will be taken to the right product or category in the actual shop at /shop.

I also want to use the same solution for posting pictures of our new products in /blog. If we write about the newest product, I want the image to link straight to the product in /shop.

Use the html code (see my site http://www.aweeclick.com/category/ch...-in-tandragee/) - click on the image and it will take you to the page detailing the product image.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:57 AM

Thanks very much for this! I hope this is helpful to others too.

James.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product, promotion, shop