The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:01 AM

Smile

We're all here to help each other so please post your solutions

Posters, PLEASE post your solutions to your problem when you solve them yourself. Sure the ecwid team is here to help us, but we're all here to help each other too. If I post a problem and I figured out the solution I'd let you know what I did to solve it.

As ya'll well know - it is very frustrating to look all over the place for a solution to a problem and as you read further, the poster comes back and says... "Ah never mind I solved the problem." and they just just leave you hanging.... Like, what the crap did you do to solve the problem?

I hate trial and error just like the rest of you (very time consuming and if your like me - time is money). So Please go back and post WHAT IT WAS THAT YOU DID TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!!!

Thanks for listening.

Now onto my dilemmas in another post.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deborah Landon For This Useful Post:
Corwin (07-04-2014), Liza P (07-03-2014), Margriet Pronk (07-12-2014), Sergio87 (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Great idea! I figured out how to get google to index my shop pages:

I have added this meta tag to the head of my pages to make ajax crawlable:
<meta name="fragment" content="!">
This code can go under your google analytics tracking code.
I have also unticked canonical URL's, Rewrite titles and Auto-generate descriptions in the "All-in-one SEO plugin," and now my shop pages are actually being indexed by google!!!!
(no more escaped fragments 404 in google merchant's tool - woohoo!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mati Fuller For This Useful Post:
Cozee (08-26-2016), Margriet Pronk (07-12-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 03:41 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. If I have problems adding, can I count on you? I'm new at this stuff, learning, old brain new concepts....lol
Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 PM

I don't know much either. Just happened to try something that actually worked. But I'll help if I can...
Old 07-11-2014, 11:59 PM

Have you got the shopping cart in a wix site?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:58 PM

I don't know what a wix site is. I'm using the paid version of wordpress.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM

Wix is a site host like Wordpress. I still haven't gotten this stupid widget iframe to open right. Can't get anybody to answer how to do it either. May I ask what your website name is? Mine's grannysclozet.com I post a link here sometime soon. I hate to publish it without having that mini bag working.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 PM

Hi
I went to your site, and I would love to see links from each picture to a page with a bigger picture and a description of some kind. Those little thumbnails just doesn't do your art work any justice.
For the ecwid shop to open up, you have to have a site structure that supports script. It is possible that wix doesn't, but I don't know.
The reason why I use the paid version of wordpress, is that it supports scripts, and you can add it to your site by installing the ecwid shopping cart plugin, which basically imports a template that shows up on a page of your choice.
Here is my site: http://www.greenbeautycosmetics.com
Click on my natural cosmetics shop tab to see the shopping cart. It wasn't difficult at all...
Mati
Old 07-14-2014, 03:46 PM

Love your site! Have to check into more closer when I have time.
Here's the link to my store - I just published it. http://spiritedwindvariety.wix.com/grannysclozet

If you scroll down to the bottom you can get into the store and website by those links. Wix supports script through widgets that produce iframes. the mini cart on the left sidebar is an embedded mini cart. That's what I'm trying to get to open up. Weird part is I got it working one time (the main product-grid widget for the store was on a different website I am working on. )
Old 07-14-2014, 04:48 PM

Oh, Geez! I went into grannyscloset with s, not z.... so, my comments above doesn't actually apply to your site... Your shop seems to be working now.
Mati
The Following User Says Thank You to Mati Fuller For This Useful Post:
Deborah Landon (07-14-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
can't find, posting, solutions