The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:51 AM

JOOMLA - changing "Ecwid Categories Module" CSS at website

Is there anyway to control the CSS for the Joomla "Ecwid Categories Module" at the Joomla site vs. Ecwid Store setup?

I am using the Ecwid Plug-in for Joomla for a customers website, and want to use the "Ecwid Categories Module" for a list of products in the side bar, but the text is way too big and overlapping (see attached and below), and I don't want to make the changes at the Customers Ecwid Account Settings since this is a Mockup, I know I could make a sub-menu item for each category, but I rather pull the categories from the store so it will update automatically.

I thought maybe I could do point to a new CSS in this file;

/modules/mod_ecwid_categories/mod_ecwid_categories.php

at this line

<script type="text/javascript"> <?php echo $params->get('categoryLayout'); ?>("style="); </script>

Any guidance/suggestion is appreciated,

Thanks Bryan

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB-ecwid.jpg (75.8 KB, 160 views)
Old 01-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Webster View Post
Is there anyway to control the CSS for the Joomla "Ecwid Categories Module" at the Joomla site vs. Ecwid Store setup?

I am using the Ecwid Plug-in for Joomla for a customers website, and want to use the "Ecwid Categories Module" for a list of products in the side bar, but the text is way too big and overlapping (see attached and below), and I don't want to make the changes at the Customers Ecwid Account Settings since this is a Mockup, I know I could make a sub-menu item for each category, but I rather pull the categories from the store so it will update automatically.

I thought maybe I could do point to a new CSS in this file;

/modules/mod_ecwid_categories/mod_ecwid_categories.php

at this line

<script type="text/javascript"> <?php echo $params->get('categoryLayout'); ?>("style="); </script>

Any guidance/suggestion is appreciated,

Thanks Bryan

Hello!
Thank you for the message!

When you integrate Ecwid to your site, it becomes a part of the webpages. Thus, Ecwid adapts all the CSS rules that are applied to the site page where Ecwid is installed.

So if you would like to change Ecwid elements without using Ecwid CSS themes, you can create a CSS code specifically for the Ecwid elements you would like to edit and insert the CSS file to the source code of the page where Ecwid is installed.

This way you will be able to make the necessary changes without editing the Ecwid CSS themes in Ecwid Control Panel.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us for help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
category, css, joomla