The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 AM
Shane Turner's Avatar
Shane Turner Shane Turner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Default Changing text on *floating* minicart

Hi there

First of all, Ecwid is great... it's been a learning curve but I'm getting there!

Have figured most things out by myself, but I'm stuck on this one for too long.

I've changed the wording in all places known to man so that "Bag" is now "Cart" but then when I move AWAY from a product page & the floating widget appears, the wording here is "Bag" again!

See screenshots.



What do I need to change so that the floating minicart matches the horizontal categories minicart?

Thanks heaps!

Glen (tech support for Shane Turner )
  #2  
Old 10-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Luis Barragan's Avatar
Luis Barragan Luis Barragan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Default

How were u able to change the text?
  #3  
Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Shane Turner's Avatar
Shane Turner Shane Turner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Question

Hi Luis,

I modified the code on my "Stores" page (which I renamed as "Products", just as an FYI!) to look like this:
Quote:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"AddToBagWidget.product_added":"The product was added to your shopping cart",
"BreadCrumbs.your_bag":"Your shopping cart",
"Checkout.items_removed":"There were removed items in your cart, because they are temporarily unavailable. Please, check your cart\!",
"Checkout.items_unavailable":"Items in your cart are temporarily unavailable, cannot proceed\!",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.add_items":". Please add some more items to your cart.",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.remove_items":". Please remove items from your cart.",
"DnDLabel.drag_me":"Drag & Drop Me to the Cart",
"EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty":"Your Shopping Cart is empty",
"Minicart.open_bag":"Open Cart",
"Minicart.out_of_stock":"The product is out of stock and cannot be put in the cart",
"Minicart.shopping_bag":"Shopping Cart",
"ProductBrowser.your_cart":"Your cart",
"ProductDetails.all_items_in_bag":"All items are in the cart",
"ProductDetails.in_bag":"\ in the cart",
"ProductDetails.In_bag":"In the Cart",
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some products or go to checkout.",
"ShoppingCart.the_number_of_products_":"The number of different products in your cart",
"ShoppingCartView.clear":"Clear Cart",
"ShoppingCartView.shopping_bag":"Your Shopping Cart",
"TableProductsContainer.add_to_bag":"Add to Cart"
}
</script>

<!-- Ecwid code start v0.2. Please do not remove the line below otherwise your Ecwid shopping cart will not work. -->[ecwid_script] [ecwid_minicart] [ecwid_searchbox] [ecwid_categories] [ecwid_productbrowser]
<!-- Ecwid code end -->
Basically I just went to the Translate tool & searched for all references to "Bag", then changed them to "Cart", clicked Generate, then copied & pasted the results into my page above the existing "Ecwid code start" section as per instructions I found on the forum.

But alas I still have some rogue "Bag" text somewhere for this floating widget.

Hope this helps!

Anyone got any ideas around my problem? Please?
  #4  
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
First of all, Ecwid is great... it's been a learning curve but I'm getting there!
What Ecwid part should we improve to make it easier to set up?


Quote:
I've changed the wording in all places known to man so that "Bag" is now "Cart" but then when I move AWAY from a product page & the floating widget appears, the wording here is "Bag" again!
The code which you use to change the text should be added to each page, where you use Ecwid widgets.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #5  
Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Shane Turner's Avatar
Shane Turner Shane Turner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Hi Qetzal,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my late reply!

In terms of ease of use - the biggest challenge has been getting used to the idea of the system being managed outside of Wordpress and the subsequent integration (such as this challenge for me.)

Re: adding the code to each page, I've done so, but still seeing the word "Bag" etc. My code is as follows:

Quote:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"AddToBagWidget.product_added":"The product was added to your shopping cart",
"BreadCrumbs.your_bag":"Your shopping cart",
"Checkout.items_removed":"There were removed items in your cart, because they are temporarily unavailable. Please, check your cart\!",
"Checkout.items_unavailable":"Items in your cart are temporarily unavailable, cannot proceed\!",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.add_items":". Please add some more items to your cart.",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.remove_items":". Please remove items from your cart.",
"DnDLabel.drag_me":"Drag & Drop Me to the Cart",
"EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty":"Your Shopping Cart is empty",
"Minicart.open_bag":"Open Cart",
"Minicart.out_of_stock":"The product is out of stock and cannot be put in the cart",
"Minicart.shopping_bag":"Shopping Cart",
"ProductBrowser.your_cart":"Your cart",
"ProductDetails.all_items_in_bag":"All items are in the cart",
"ProductDetails.in_bag":"\ in the cart",
"ProductDetails.In_bag":"In the Cart",
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some products or go to checkout.",
"ShoppingCart.the_number_of_products_":"The number of different products in your cart",
"ShoppingCartView.clear":"Clear Cart",
"ShoppingCartView.shopping_bag":"Your Shopping Cart",
"TableProductsContainer.add_to_bag":"Add to Cart"
}
</script>

(About Us text goes here)

I've done this for all pages as suggested with no resulting change in the text. Is there something I'm missing?

If it helps, I'm developing this on a temp domain while I learn the system, which is here:

http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au


Cheers
Glen Parker
  #6  
Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
In terms of ease of use - the biggest challenge has been getting used to the idea of the system being managed outside of Wordpress and the subsequent integration (such as this challenge for me.)
If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the current process, we will be happy to hear them!

Quote:
I've done this for all pages as suggested with no resulting change in the text. Is there something I'm missing?
If it helps, I'm developing this on a temp domain while I learn the system, which is here:
http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au
Your JS code has a syntax error, thus new labels are not applied. Try to replace this line:

HTML Code:
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some <a  rel='nofollow' title="products" href="http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au/store/">products</a> or go to checkout.",
with:

HTML Code:
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some <a  rel='nofollow' title=\"products\" href=\"http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au/store/\">products</a> or go to checkout.",
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add to bag, add to cart, floating, minicart

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.