The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:16 PM

Red face

A couple of Q's

Hi I have a couple of Q's I am wanting to use ecwid as my store engine

Q's:

1. Can you have pages like an about us page, privacy policy and contact us page etc?

2. Can i assign a product to more then one categories?

3. Do i need a host site to run my store where I have to embed the code, or can I just run it off ecwid, and have my url by my store?

4. How do I place my store logo at the top of the store?

5. SEO how powerful is the ecwid SEO?

Thanks guys look forward to your reposes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 PM

1. Yes, it’s of course possible. Since Ecwid is embeded to your existing site/CMS, your store will have all features your site has. For example ability to create new pages like “About us”, “Contact us”, etc. If you don’t have a site yet, then I suggest to use one of the following options:

- If you have your hosting, then install WordPress, then use our plugin or install Ecwid manually: http://kb.ecwid.com/Wordpress ; the informational pages are created by the means of WP Admin.

- You can use a number of free website building platforms (like edicy.com, vivity.com, and virtually any free web hosting). Usually you are to copy and paste the codes from Dashboard page of Ecwid control panel; the info pages are created as new files or pages or menu entries depending on what platform you choose.

- You can start your own page on Facebook; then you can integrate Ecwid into it by using our free app: http://kb.ecwid.com/Facebook ; the info pages can be created as tabs then.

2. Yes, the product in Ecwid can be assigned to multiple categories.

3. If you wish to be able to add your own pages or change the layout of your shop, then the site or Facebook page is required. Otherwise you can use our simple store app that is provided for free with every Ecwid shop, but in this case you wouldn't be able to change the layout of your shop or add your custom pages to it.

4. Once you use your own site, placing your own logo on top is just a matter of editing your shop page or your template. If you stick to Facebook or our simple store link, placing a logo is possible with help of Ecwid custom CSS theme, by applying such code:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser {
    background: url(your/image-url.png) left top no-repeat; /*the URL must be a real URL to your logo*/
    padding-top: 100px; /* gives some free space for your logo */
}
5. You Ecwid shop can be indexed by Google and other search engines: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, logo, pages, products, seo