The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:40 PM

File download (upon purchase) software licensing mechanism

I am interested in an automatic software licensing mechanism whereby a user downloads a file and that file is only usable (not shareable) on one ios, android or windows device as part of the download process. In other words maybe the purchaser adds their device id (or mac address) and the software licensing software in conjunction with the ecwid store manages the licensing automatically. Your thoughts are encouraged as this is not supported by ecwid as of now.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Edward,

Thank you for contacting us!

If I understand you correctly, the main goal here is to avoid software piracy. And although, what you described might be complex, and I don't have a complete picture in my mind as to how this system can be implemented, there are some ways you can protect your software.

There are different ways to protect your intellectual property. Like, for software, you can ask for the licence during the process of installation. Watermarks can be used for pictures and etc.

Can I ask you what needs to be protected in your case? Just to get a better understanding of what I can advise here.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
file download, software licensing