The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 AM

Does Ecwid allow to sell by the square foot

I'm looking to see if Ecwid will let us sell items by the square foot.
so if I sell banners. I want my customers to be able to create custom sized banners. Where I set the price by foot and they can manipulate it to any size and receive different prices based on the size they pick out.
So I need to know if this is possible yet.

Last edited by Traveling Treats; 03-22-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM

Should the customers be able to set whatever size they prefer, or are there some presets they are to choose from?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 PM

Eugene,

I'd like to pm you so you can see how it works or if you get this than great.. I know you rock!

yes image below if that helps.

what you don't see on this picture is anytime the numbers change for the requested size, the price automatically adjust accordingly at the bottom.

Thank you sir.

still hoping...

Any Luck ?

Last edited by Maya; 03-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM

please help need this now.

Thank you.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Treats View Post
Eugene,

I'd like to pm you so you can see how it works or if you get this than great.. I know you rock!

yes image below if that helps.

http://rankontoponline.com/sizes.png

what you don't see on this picture is anytime the numbers change for the requested size, the price automatically adjust accordingly at the bottom.

Thank you sir.

still hoping...

Any Luck ?
Hi,

Thanks for the image. I see what you want to achieve.

As you probably know, Ecwid already supports products options, they can be used for setting all those drop-downs including the ones corresponding to width/height:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...our%20products

According to your requirements, each options variation should have different price. Usually, product variations are used in Ecwid for setting up different prices for product options variations. But in your case, the problem is there could be quite a large number of options variations, apparently. So, product variations wouldn't be a good solution, I guess.

A possible workaround here is to use an extra product option for adjusting product price according to the selected width/height . It will require custom programming though. Here is how it would work in a nutshell:
Let's say you know exact size/price intervals, e.g.:
1ft^2 - 2ft^2 : $5
2ft^2 - 3ft^2 : $7
etc.

You will need to create an extra product option with those intervals as selections and the corresponding prices as product price modifiers (+$5, +$7 etc.) . When a customer chooses some values in the width/height selectors, a custom JS script will need to calculate the resulting area, find the corresponding interval and set the corresponding selection so that the price will be changed. Such a script will need to be placed on your site - it will need to handle the product page changes (user actions) and act accordingly.

It's not an easy solution, of course. But as of now it is all I can suggest.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.