The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:51 PM

CSS Changes for only SOME products

I have hidden a bunch of elements using custom CSS. However, we have one product that we still need to display those elements for. I have tried embeddng CSS styles directly into that page, and using the "!important" directive. I have even tried using jQuery to hide/unhide elements on the document ready event.

How do I override custom CSS on only one product??

Last edited by Tool Life; 03-20-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Life View Post
I have hidden a bunch of elements using custom CSS. However, we have one product that we still need to display those elements for. I have tried embeddng CSS styles directly into that page, and using the "!important" directive. I have even tried using jQuery to hide/unhide elements on the document ready event.

How do I override custom CSS on only one product??
Hi,
Please refer to this article: How to apply CSS changes only to particular pages in Ecwid

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM

This is great but how do I edit CSS of a product On a category page? There seems to be no id for that?? Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putter Here View Post
This is great but how do I edit CSS of a product On a category page? There seems to be no id for that?? Thanks

Hello,

Each product page in Ecwid has the product ID mentioned in CSS classes of page HTML elements so the custom CSS changes can be applied to some particular product. In the similar manner, each category page has the corresponding category ID specified in its code. But category pages don't have product IDs placed anywhere in their HTML codes so it is not possible to adjust the custom CSS codes so that they will be applied particular products on the category page.
However, it is possible to do it by means of the Ecwid Javascript API - in a custom JS script, you can handle the Ecwid page loading, detect the category ID and make necessary changes on the page. Please refer to these thread for the examples:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736&page=3
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...

Could you, please, specify what exactly you are trying to achieve?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css, custom, one product