The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 PM

links need to be clicked twice??

On this site - htt://morrisseysofmedford.com - and I'm using IE8, when I click on the categories in either the widget or on the store page, the reload takes me back to the same place. Nothing happens. When I click on the same link a second time, it functions as it should.

Only I don't think the customers will work that hard. Please advise on how to get the links to work the first time.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 PM

I checked your site and it seems to be working for me, hopefully for all your customers too. Try clearing out your browsers cache and see if it works.

Kevin
Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Thompson View Post
On this site - htt://morrisseysofmedford.com - and I'm using IE8, when I click on the categories in either the widget or on the store page, the reload takes me back to the same place. Nothing happens. When I click on the same link a second time, it functions as it should.

Only I don't think the customers will work that hard. Please advise on how to get the links to work the first time.
Hi Greg,

1. Can you reproduce this issue in other browsers?

2. Can you reproduce this issue in other Ecwid stores? For example check our demo store: http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.html

3. Can you reproduce it at http://mobile.morrisseysofmedford.com/simple-store ?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 08-20-2010, 04:43 AM

Default Reproduced

Hi, qetzal.

Tonight I am reproducing the error on another site - http://02cbede.netsolhost.com/new/st...=0&sort=normal.

I go to the store page and click on "Flowers" which then takes me to the subcategories.

There if I click on the image associated with "Just Because" the link - either image or text - takes me right back where I started - looking at the categories again. If I take the previous advise in the thread and clear my cache, that fixed it. But my client's customers won't do that. They'll just go away.

Please advise how to make the links go where they should for everyone - not just people savvy enough to clear a cache and know that will fix it.

thanks.

GT
Old 08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Lopez View Post
Hi, qetzal.

Tonight I am reproducing the error on another site - http://02cbede.netsolhost.com/new/st...=0&sort=normal.

I go to the store page and click on "Flowers" which then takes me to the subcategories.

There if I click on the image associated with "Just Because" the link - either image or text - takes me right back where I started - looking at the categories again. If I take the previous advise in the thread and clear my cache, that fixed it. But my client's customers won't do that. They'll just go away.

Please advise how to make the links go where they should for everyone - not just people savvy enough to clear a cache and know that will fix it.

thanks.

GT
Cathy,

Since the issue is gone away after the cache clearing, it shows that the problem actually isn't related to Ecwid. It is related to a browser.

So,

1. What browser do you use?
2. Can you reproduce the problem at this moment?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:35 AM

Default Can Be Reproduced

Hi. I am reproducing the problem tonight. I'm on a different computer, although both run IE8. Same issue of links looping back up to the top categories instead of drilling down to products.

It would seem to me since the link structure is created by Ecwid that's where the error lays. Policy says I can't install another browser, but I can't be the only person using IE8 either.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Thompson View Post
Hi. I am reproducing the problem tonight. I'm on a different computer, although both run IE8. Same issue of links looping back up to the top categories instead of drilling down to products.

It would seem to me since the link structure is created by Ecwid that's where the error lays. Policy says I can't install another browser, but I can't be the only person using IE8 either.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Greg,

Can you reproduce this issue on our demo?

Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 AM

Default No I can't.

I'm also not reproducing the error on this site - http://morrisseysofmedford.com - so I'm really going crazy trying to figure out what setting is wrong in this installation. Any ideas?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Lopez View Post
I'm also not reproducing the error on this site - http://morrisseysofmedford.com - so I'm really going crazy trying to figure out what setting is wrong in this installation. Any ideas?
Cathy,
Do you use IE8 as well?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Default Yes, IE8

One site works fine and the other does not. It must be in the cart settings somewhere. I'm not sure where to start looking so probably will start at "the beginning" unless you have any likely suspects that you recommend.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
category, links