The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Message to Customer on Shipping Screen

Hi, I have seen a couple of options from some previous threads which would allow me to place a short message to a customer when trying to checkout - (http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14347). I particularly like the options to either 1) add the message using CSS or 2) change the label text.

However can someone please let me know if it is also possible to place a link in this text/message which would take the customer to another page (open a new tab) ? ie: if i can't ship to their country to check and see a list and details of the international distributors.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Brown View Post
Hi, I have seen a couple of options from some previous threads which would allow me to place a short message to a customer when trying to checkout - (http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14347). I particularly like the options to either 1) add the message using CSS or 2) change the label text.

However can someone please let me know if it is also possible to place a link in this text/message which would take the customer to another page (open a new tab) ? ie: if i can't ship to their country to check and see a list and details of the international distributors.

Thanks
Hello,

Yes, you can put a link to another page in a custom-defined text label. The thing is custom labels can contain HTML as well, so it is possible to add links to them. You can find an example here:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...4189#post44189

More details on the custom translations in Ecwid are available in this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 PM

Awesome- thanks very much !
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 AM

Hi Matvey - thanks for your help - however I would really appreciate it if you can clear one thing up which must seem very obvious to you but unfortunately not for me ! The translate tool seems a really great thing to have and I have identified a number of 'labels' to change and have followed the instructions. After generating the code(s) I get the following message:
In order to apply new labels, follow these steps:
Copy the code below.
Insert it to your site pages, before any Ecwid code.
Reload your site's page.

It says to insert into 'your site pages' - but I don't understand this sentence - where do I actually insert it ? Is it on a Wordpress page or somewhere from my ECWid control panel ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Makfruit; 01-23-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Matvey - thanks for your help previously on the same topic - however I would really appreciate it if you can clear one thing up which I can't understand. The translate tool seems a really great thing to have and I have identified a number of 'labels' to change and have followed the instructions. After generating the code(s) I get the following message:
In order to apply new labels, follow these steps:
Copy the code below.
Insert it to your site pages, before any Ecwid code.
Reload your site's page.

It says to insert into 'your site pages' - but I don't understand this sentence - where do I actually insert it ? Is it on a Wordpress page or somewhere from my ECWid control panel ?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Please find the answer here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

(see the "How do I apply a custom translation in Wordpress?" point).

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 AM

Thanks but I already saw this page and information when looking through the knowledge base and support. Please understand that for persons such as myself who are fairly computer illiterate instructions need to be clear in order to be followed ..... therefore the sentence 'In order to do it you just need to add a special JavaScript code with the updated labels before the Ecwid integration code'. doesn't mean anything to me. Hence my question of 'where to put the code'.
What is the Ecwid integration code and where is it ?
Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks but I already saw this page and information when looking through the knowledge base and support. Please understand that for persons such as myself who are fairly computer illiterate instructions need to be clear in order to be followed ..... therefore the sentence 'In order to do it you just need to add a special JavaScript code with the updated labels before the Ecwid integration code'. doesn't mean anything to me. Hence my question of 'where to put the code'.
What is the Ecwid integration code and where is it ?
Thanks
Hi,

Sorry, it seems like you didn't locate the part of article I referred to.

In that article, there is the Wordpress-related part containing the following text:
Quote:
How do I apply a custom translation in Wordpress?
The code for your custom translations should be placed in the HTML code of Wordpress page where your Ecwid store is installed. If you embed Ecwid manually by copying and pasting the code from the Dashboard page of your control panel to your store page, then the translation code needs to be inserted likewise into the HTML source code of that same page. On the other hand, if you use our ready Wordpress plugin, it creates a special page for the store. In your WP Admin → Pages it can be usually found as a page entitled 'Store'. You need to go editing the store page, switch your editor to HTML mode (a gray tab on the top right of editable area) and paste the code for your custom translation in there. Then you need to apply the changes by pressing Update button on the right column and then see your store, your custom translation should be visible then.
You're using WP plugin, thus the second part of the text above is applied. So, in order to add the translations JS code to your store, you will need to do the following:
- Open your WP admin backend
- Open the Pages section
- Fine the store page in the list of pages
- Open the store page for editing and switch to HTML mode (the tab switcher is in the top right corner of the text area)
- You will see the page code. It will look like this:
Code:
<!-- Ecwid code. Please do not remove this line  otherwise your Ecwid shopping cart will not work properly. -->[ecwid_script][ecwid_minicart] [ecwid_searchbox] [ecwid_categories] [ecwid_productbrowser] <!-- Ecwid code end -->
- Place your custom translations codes right below the abovementioned code so it will appear exactly after Ecwid integration code.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 AM

Ha - ok awesome - thanks very much that's great. Much appreciated.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
link, message, shipping