The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 PM

product browser on mobile showing grid why?

Hi,
i want to display the product as only list, not as grid or table. It is fine on laptop but when i view in mobile, the view comes as grid view. How can i set to be list always. ( for product browser)

Thanks
Old 05-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishita View Post
Hi,
i want to display the product as only list, not as grid or table. It is fine on laptop but when i view in mobile, the view comes as grid view. How can i set to be list always. ( for product browser)

Thanks
Hi,

Ecwid supports responsive layout, so if you run Ecwid on a website, your shop should be shown responsive on any devices. It will be the same storefront with all the products, settings, view modes, etc, no matter whether you open it on a desktop or on iPhone. And you can switch between view modes (list, table, grid) there as well.
If you setup default display of products as list in your main store, it will be displayed this way on mobiles.

Please let us know a link to your Ecwid storefront. We will check it. Thank you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 02-28-2016, 03:14 AM

11 months ago I raised a problem with the list view in mobile not showing the images,when is this going to be fixed so the images show in mobile in list format
Old 03-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters Store593 View Post
11 months ago I raised a problem with the list view in mobile not showing the images,when is this going to be fixed so the images show in mobile in list format
Hi,

In the List view the product image and description are displayed in one line. For example, here is what it looks like in my test store on a desktop:

The List view on mobile devices doesn't show the images by design. The thing is that the screen of a mobile phone is much narrower than of a desktop and there is not enough space to display the images along with descriptions. Even if we displayed them, they would be so tiny that customers wouldn't be able to see anything on the image anyway. That is why we hide them by design and display product description, price, SKU, etc.

Customers can always click on the product to see the image and more details about the product. Alternatively, they can buy the product from the category page if you enable "Buy now" buttons (Control panel > Settings > General > Cart > Show "Buy now" buttons on products list pages).

If you want to show product images on mobile devices, you should better use Grid view in your store. Here is what my store looks like on a mobile in Grid view:

Let us know if you get other questions about Ecwid, we'll be glad to help. Thank you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
mobile verison, product browser