The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM

Banned paid member

Hello I am posting on behalf of banned paid member Alexis Martin. I am his business partner, earlier today Alex posted asking for hlep on changing the font in his store and was subsequently banned from the forums for life!

This is a harsh step since he is not a rude person and the thread was not hostile and did not break any rules and no warning was given as I understand the ecwid team member lost patience!

Interesting as a paid memebr he now has no support what so ever, is this the ecwid policy to ban members arbitrarly with no subequent support?!

The team member deleted all threads realting to the posting to cover up his steps! Emailed Alex on his private email!

So far the ecwid service ahs been good but the support and attitude of certain ceratin peole needs some serious review!
Alex is not a heavy forum user only someone who would like to get his issue resolved!
His store ID is 1566153
In issues of dispute resolution it seems no support is available
Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM

I didn't see the first thread that led to this but I did see his second post which mentioned something about changing font color. If you would like to raise the question again on his behalf here (or in a new thread) and let us know where it is that you would like the font color changed I will be happy to point in the right direction.

The Ecwid team will need to deal with the other aspects of your post.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Ecwid Team

The thread was removed and the forum member was banned because 1) that posts broke our forum rules 2) the moderator's warning was ignored.

Our forum rules are quite simple.

1) Your posts should be constructive and respectful.

2) It is totally OK to post negative feedback about Ecwid and our team, if posts are constructive. For example the post "Eugene Qetzal is dumb, because he implemented that feature in that way, it should work differently 1) ... 2) .. 3) .." isn't something that we would like to see here, however such post will never be deleted. However the post "Eugene Qetzal is dumb because he is dumb" will be removed.

3) If somebody tries to help you on these forums and you don't like the answer, say thank you and ask for clarifications. Posting bad things about those who tried to help, but made an error will never be tolerated regardless of who tried to help: Ecwid team or a regular Ecwid merchant. Otherwise everyone will just be afraid to answer questions because of the fear of possible errors.

We want our forums to be a nice place where community helps each other. I think it is very important to have a solid community and a friendly place where any Ecwid related question can be discussed. That's why we invest a lot to these forums - we have a separate team, its only goal is to answer every thread - not something I see on a lot of other forums.
And in order to have such a place, I truly beleive that we should follow the rules described above.

If rules and warnings are ignored, we don't have another choice but to ban a member temporarily and remove the thread. It is something I hate to do (we have about 2 bans for 3 years) - I belive in transparance and deleting threads is against my beliefs. However I see no other way to make sure this forums will always be a nice place, a club where every member can ask a question and get a kind reply. We're reasonable guys and every problem can be solved in a constructive and respectful manner.

As always your thoughts and feedback are welcome.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
BobC (11-13-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 AM

In which case the thread should still be kept online as evidence, for others to judge and see how bad the behaviour was!
Why was the evidence wiped away so soon, I would not be surprised if this thread too is now wiped clean by the moderator!
If no offensive language has been used!
In this case it was simply a case of the moderators word against the paid member.
Ecwid seriously needs to think of the support they provide, if the forums are the only place for service and the modrators has issues with a member there is no other level of support! there should be a phone support line!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah Jackson View Post
In which case the thread should still be kept online as evidence, for others to judge and see how bad the behaviour was!
Why was the evidence wiped away so soon, I would not be surprised if this thread too is now wiped clean by the moderator!
In this case it was simply a case of the moderators word against the paid member.

Hi,
I think we have a fair and simple forum rules. If a member doesn't follow these rules, he/she will get a warning. If a warning is ingored, the member will be banned temporarily (regardless of his/her subscription status) and posts will be removed. We don't want other Ecwid members to see posts with a behavior that we think isn't appropriate for our forums.

This very thread doesn't break any rules. So this thread and your posts will not be deleted.

Again, it is easy to be a part of this community: just be respectful and constructive. We want this place to be the best and nicest way to discuss Ecwid and e-commerce related topics.

I hope I described our position well and it is clear what we want and don't want to see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah Jackson View Post
Ecwid seriously needs to think of the support they provide, if the forums are the only place for service and the modrators has issues with a member there is no other level of support! there should be a phone support line!
Our forums is the place where every Ecwid member can get answers to his questions. It is something we are proud of - the forums of a service that have a free tier where all threads from all users are answered is a very rare thing. We're proud that we help thousands of merchants to start selling online.

However Ecwid has now more than 220,000 registered merchants. If every user asked just a few questions, the team would be totally overloaded with requests. So how can we keep the current level of support service and at the same time not increase the prices and keep a free tier?

The only solution for this is to make all answers re-usable. We created public forums where our community (not only Ecwid team) can answer questions. Where already answered posts and threads can be re-used. We also created a knowledge base with a lot of answers to popular questions. All these things allow us to answer all threads on our forums - if a question has been already answered, we would rather post a link to the knowledge base's article which we believe has an answer or to an old thread where the same question had been discussed. It allows us to answer all questions fast and without raising prices.

~

However of course there are Ecwid merchants who want a higher level of support: private communication by email or phone, guaranteed response time and assistance with store setup and installations. For those merchants we have the "Unlimited" plan that has all these options included: http://www.ecwid.com/plans-and-pricing.html

This is a good solution for someone who doesn't want to get support on our forums.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Huzzah Jackson (11-14-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.