The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:04 PM

Just starting with Ecwid, questions before I upgrade...

Hello,

I've been searching for an e-commerce solution for our food preparation service and have been unsatisfied with the options on all of the other companies I've tried thus far. When I came across Ecwid, I believe they have most of the options I am looking for.

I still have a couple questions which I have not found direct answers to yet and I am not ready to commit to a plan to speak with someone via chat or phone to ask in order to get these questions answered.

I will be upgrading to the "Business" plan, so the following questions are based as such.

1. Is there a limit to the number of product "options" or "variations?" Many other sites limit variations to 100 per product. I may be looking at over a 1000 variations to a "Build Your Own Meal" product, with multiple options for proteins, carbs, vegetables and weights thereof.

2. I've also been looking for an option to "Add on" a product, via checkbox, to a product. Specifically, I would like to give my customers a checkbox to add on avocado to certain meals without having to choose "yes" or "no" in order to add to cart.

3. Also, I've seen there are different methods of "shipping," I am assuming I will want to use multiple options of flat-rate? Our company either delivers OR has customers pick up orders at various locations. I want to be sure I can differentiate the different pick up locations as well as have different delivery rates based on distance from our main location during check out.

I'm sure there are other questions that will come up along the way, but these are a few of my main concerns which other companies could not provide or had in a very limited capacity.

I look forward to using Ecwid if they can provide these options.

Thank you.

Neal
Old 03-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Martin View Post
Hello,

I've been searching for an e-commerce solution for our food preparation service and have been unsatisfied with the options on all of the other companies I've tried thus far. When I came across Ecwid, I believe they have most of the options I am looking for.

I still have a couple questions which I have not found direct answers to yet and I am not ready to commit to a plan to speak with someone via chat or phone to ask in order to get these questions answered.

I will be upgrading to the "Business" plan, so the following questions are based as such.

1. Is there a limit to the number of product "options" or "variations?" Many other sites limit variations to 100 per product. I may be looking at over a 1000 variations to a "Build Your Own Meal" product, with multiple options for proteins, carbs, vegetables and weights thereof.

2. I've also been looking for an option to "Add on" a product, via checkbox, to a product. Specifically, I would like to give my customers a checkbox to add on avocado to certain meals without having to choose "yes" or "no" in order to add to cart.

3. Also, I've seen there are different methods of "shipping," I am assuming I will want to use multiple options of flat-rate? Our company either delivers OR has customers pick up orders at various locations. I want to be sure I can differentiate the different pick up locations as well as have different delivery rates based on distance from our main location during check out.

I'm sure there are other questions that will come up along the way, but these are a few of my main concerns which other companies could not provide or had in a very limited capacity.

I look forward to using Ecwid if they can provide these options.

Thank you.

Neal
Hello, Neal!

Thank you for your interest in Ecwid and contacting Ecwid Customer Care Team! Welcome to our forums!

I apologize for keeping you waiting. Please find the answers below.

Quote:
Basically, Ecwid allows a store owner to create as many product options and variations as they want. It doesn’t count towards product limit of your store's subscription plan. So it is possible to adjust a flexible mix for the particular product.

We can help you to find the most appropriate way to set such product in your Ecwid store.Will you clarify these points:
  • Why do you want to add so many options?
  • Could you describe a regular product (meal) you’ll be selling?

Quote:
Yes, it is absolutely possible to achieve with help of Ecwid product options. I created a test product in my Ecwid store with similar example settings, see a screenshot:

How to do it:
  1. You need to go to your Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > particular product and add its settings, i.e. price, image, description, etc.
  2. Go to “Options” tab and create a new option (for example, “Extra option”)
  3. Add one selection to it and set “Checkboxes” as an input type, for example:

As the result, your customers will be able to add this option at product details page as you wanted.

Or do you want the store to add avocado automatically on checkout?

Quote:
That’s right, you can add different shipping methods in your Ecwid store. It works as follows: first a customer enters the shipping address in the form, then Ecwid defines the shipping options available for the submitted location and starts displaying them. So you need to set destination zones and create appropriate method for each of them. A shipping method can also be either a delivery or pickup option.
Please refer to these articles to learn more about these settings:
https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1161340
https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1163922
And this one covers some tips on shipping variants: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...1161340#pickup

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Liza; 08-30-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Thank you for your response Stacy. I appreciate your time.

I have spoken to another member of your team via phone appointment, which by the way, very convenient service provided by Ecwid. My questions were all answered and more. I will be signing up for your paid services today for sure.

And to clarify the reasoning of so many options regarding my first question posted, we offer a build a meal at a base price which includes a choice of protein, carb and vegetable with upgrades including more weight for each item. With 7 different proteins, 6 different cards and 7 different vegetables to choose from, along with choosing specific weights for your protein (4-8 ounces), it comes to almost 1500 variations, before adding your avocado. I was told the page load time may lag with so many options, so I may divide the meals into protein categories to get the variations closer to a couple hundred.

Either way, I'm on board. I believe Ecwid is the right solution for our online sales and I am excited to work with you.

Thanks again.

Neal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuel4Life For This Useful Post:
Cyril D (03-02-2016), Stacy_P (03-02-2016)
Old 03-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Martin View Post
Thank you for your response Stacy. I appreciate your time.

I have spoken to another member of your team via phone appointment, which by the way, very convenient service provided by Ecwid. My questions were all answered and more. I will be signing up for your paid services today for sure.

And to clarify the reasoning of so many options regarding my first question posted, we offer a build a meal at a base price which includes a choice of protein, carb and vegetable with upgrades including more weight for each item. With 7 different proteins, 6 different cards and 7 different vegetables to choose from, along with choosing specific weights for your protein (4-8 ounces), it comes to almost 1500 variations, before adding your avocado. I was told the page load time may lag with so many options, so I may divide the meals into protein categories to get the variations closer to a couple hundred.

Either way, I'm on board. I believe Ecwid is the right solution for our online sales and I am excited to work with you.

Thanks again.

Neal
Hi, Neal!

Thanks a lot for your message and for your kind words!

In this case, it is an appropriate solution to divide your meals into protein categories indeed. Please let me know if any more questions arise, it is my pleasure to be of assistance.

Happy selling with Ecwid!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add ons to purchases, delivery, pick-up, product combinations, product options