The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:24 AM

Sorting Shipping Methods for the ADMIN side?

Yes we can sort for the customer side...but would be nice to be able to sort for the admin side too...any way to accomplish that?
Old 03-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Schmidt View Post
Yes we can sort for the customer side...but would be nice to be able to sort for the admin side too...any way to accomplish that?
Hello,

Thank you very much for the interesting suggestion!

Even though there's no drag-and-drop method of sorting the shipping methods for admin in the Ecwid Control Panel -> Settings -> Shipping tab, there are still other ways of finding the necessary shipping methods to edit.

There are certain filters that you can use to quickly find the shipping method you need to adjust or to simply be able to customize the view of the methods.

The methods can be viewed by:

- Their type: Flat Rate, Custom Table, Carrier Calculated;

- Regions,

- Enabled/Disabled status.

Also you can type a name of the shipping method you are looking for and find it quickly.

Here's a screenshot:

So, normally using filters you are able to manage the shipping methods in a pretty convenient way, however of course, I'd love to hear why exactly you'd prefer the drag-and-drop way of sorting them.

Would it be a lot more helpful for you? What issues are you facing with the current way of sorting shipping methods with filters?

Your feedback is highly appreciated! Looking forward to your reply!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:08 AM

I don't have that many shipping options that I can't find them easily to edit...I just wanted to display them in the ADMIN in alphabetical order...so easier to find by eye... is that possible?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Schmidt View Post
I don't have that many shipping options that I can't find them easily to edit...I just wanted to display them in the ADMIN in alphabetical order...so easier to find by eye... is that possible?
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response!

No, unfortunately there's no feature of alphabetically sorting shipping methods in the Ecwid Control Panel. It 's possible to sort them in any way you like with the "Sort" feature, but this only affects the way they are displayed on checkout.

It's possible that there will be a re-design of the settings in future, but for now this can not be told for sure at all, sorry.

So, in order to quickly find any shipping method among those that you have in your Shipping settings I can only recommend to use the built-in search features (as mentioned earlier):

And if that might help you can use the browser search to highlight certain words in the list by hitting Ctrl + F in the browser for Windows or Cmd + F if you are using a Mac device.

Please ask if there's anything else you need to know.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
admin, methods, shipping, sorting