The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:14 AM

Cool

Drag and drop product order does not grab or drop

When trying to drag and drop products in my 1 category , From the list. Even if I check the product the cursor does not grab the product so you can move it into position for the order you want.

This should not be so confusing that so many people are having a problem with this.

For a major company you would think you could solve this or give directions that people can understand.

I should be able to go to my products list and just drag and drop into position and it does not work.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drag and drop .jpg (715.8 KB, 111 views)
Old 09-14-2015, 10:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Pro Golf View Post
When trying to drag and drop products in my 1 category , From the list. Even if I check the product the cursor does not grab the product so you can move it into position for the order you want.

This should not be so confusing that so many people are having a problem with this.

For a major company you would think you could solve this or give directions that people can understand.

I should be able to go to my products list and just drag and drop into position and it does not work.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
Hi!

Thank you for contacting us.

I should note that products in Ecwid store can be sorted in different ways: by name, price, date added and also as defined by the store owner. If you want to define the product order on your own, products should be assigned to a category as you can drag-and-drop products only on this page: Control panel > Catalog > Products > Categories.

Please, refer to this article for more detailed instructions on what to do if your products are not assigned to any category https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...dtoanycategory

If you need more help, feel free to write back.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:56 AM

I am telling you that I go into products list.

And they do not move for drag and drop.

I even went to sort by name and put A. B. C ect.

In front of my product so I could get them to move.

This is not the way I should have to get them to move.

Now I followed the instructions for Described By Owner...

No Drag And Drop Understand. Now hear is a pic of the page I am talking about.

Then I will show you a page under category ,,,

I will tell you this... I am far above average intelligence.

And if I cannot make this easily work.... or understand your directions.

Then you are causing a problem for your customers...

Here are the two pics. Amazing so many people are having the same problem.

So attached is my products page showing a blue line when you try to drag and drop from there.

Also attached is the category page. There is nothing there to drag and drop.

Also see the sports category.. But it says it is empty... 0

Well I put the 6 items on my website into that category and it seems there is nothing in that catagory..

The bottom line is ....this should not be so confusing. period... over and out....

I really am very above average in my opinion and If I am having a hard time with this is is because of some form of failure on Ecwid's part.

That I should read your directions over and over and follow them and not have this work.

The products bellow will not move. Only blue line as you try to pull one up...

So why don't you provide a video to show exactly what on earth you are talking about.

Thanks.

Last edited by Daria Sh.; 09-17-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Pro Golf View Post
I am telling you that I go into products list.

And they do not move for drag and drop.

I even went to sort by name and put A. B. C ect.

In front of my product so I could get them to move.

This is not the way I should have to get them to move.

Now I followed the instructions for Described By Owner...

No Drag And Drop Understand. Now hear is a pic of the page I am talking about.

Then I will show you a page under category ,,,

I will tell you this... I am far above average intelligence.

And if I cannot make this easily work.... or understand your directions.

Then you are causing a problem for your customers...

Here are the two pics. Amazing so many people are having the same problem.

So attached is my products page showing a blue line when you try to drag and drop from there.

Also attached is the category page. There is nothing there to drag and drop.

Also see the sports category.. But it says it is empty... 0

Well I put the 6 items on my website into that category and it seems there is nothing in that catagory..

The bottom line is ....this should not be so confusing. period... over and out....

I really am very above average in my opinion and If I am having a hard time with this is is because of some form of failure on Ecwid's part.

That I should read your directions over and over and follow them and not have this work.

The products bellow will not move. Only blue line as you try to pull one up...

So why don't you provide a video to show exactly what on earth you are talking about.

Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry for being not clear enough. Let me please explain it again.

Store owner can define the order of products manually only if they are assigned to a category. That can be done in the Control panel > Catalog > Categories > click on a category and open "Category products" tab. There you can drag and drop products to change their order, please see the screenshot http://take.ms/oPZRx

As I can see in your Control panel, your products do not belong to any category. So, to change their order, here is what you should do:

1. Assign products to a category: go to Control panel > Catalog > Products > click on a product and assign it to a category, please see the screenshot http://take.ms/PC3OW
2. Go to Control panel > Catalog > Categories > click on the category to which you've assigned products and open "Category products". There you will see the list of products and will be able to define their order by dragging them. Remember to click "Save". After that your products will display in the same order in the storefront, here https://store7449066.ecwid.com/

If you try to change the order of products in your Control panel, I mean the way they are displayed in your Control panel > Catalog > Products, unfortunately that is not possible. You can use filters, search products by name, SKU, categories, availability to see certain products, but you cannot change the way products are listed in the Control panel.

Feel free to write back if you need more help. We'll be glad to help you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
drag and drop