The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:05 AM

Help with setting up shipping costs

As New Zealand is the country of origin for my products I can't use the Carrier Calculated method and so have to use the user-defined method for shipping. I have done the best I can with this, but the shipping costs are coming up as $42, which is way too much. Is there any way I can make them come up as $16 per product? I don't know what I am doing wrong?
Cheers, Pip Fowler
Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM

I have inspected your setup. In your only user defined shipping method you have a per-order charge at $16 and also a per-item charge. Also, some of your products have their shipping rate set individually for them in their details page, Tax and Shipping tab, and some of the products do not have their weight defined (without weight they are considered virtual and do not require shipping - so they don't have shipping cost). This setup is very twisted.

Here is what you need to do to set things right:

1. Set weights for all of your products that require shipping. Since you use user defined shipping method that doesn't depend on weight, those weights don't really have to be real.
2. Set the Shipping freight dropdown in the Tax and Shipping tab of each of your products into 'Use General Settings'.
3. In your user-defined shipping method set the per item rate to $16, others to $0.

Basically, that's all you need to do to get a $16 per item shipping cost for each and every product in your shop. The order of 2 items will hence cost $32 in shipping ($16 per each item). If that is not right for you and you want the per-order shipping cost at $16 no matter how many items are there, then on the step 3 of the given instruction you should set the per order rate at $16, others at $0.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 06-20-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Hi Eugene,
Thanks so much for sorting me out. It all works fine now.
Cheers, Pip

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping charges