The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:16 AM

Ecwid storefront page in search results instead of Domain

I want my site to be searchable, but I don't want my name and starter site to be showing up. I want my main Domain to be showing up...how can I achieve that?

www.seattlepellets.com
Old 07-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Heilman View Post
I want my site to be searchable, but I don't want my name and starter site to be showing up. I want my main Domain to be showing up...how can I achieve that?

www.seattlepellets.com
Hello Jason,

Sorry for keeping you waiting for a reply so long.

Ecwid store pages can be natively indexed by search engines. You can find the detailed info about SEO in Ecwid here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a.../207100509-SEO

Your store is not indexed by search engines because you added your Starter site to the iframe on the page of your own domain name, please see the screenshot:

Search engines robots can't access the content inside this iframe. It is isolated from the search engines, therefore it will not be indexed. Also, this way your store is not responsive and there are no direct links to products and categories, etc.

If you want to use www.seattlepellets.com domain name for your Starter site, you don't need to add the code of Starter site to iframe. We have a built-in tool that allows to set up your own domain for Ecwid Starter Site. In order to do this, please, follow this instruction: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...urown%20domain Once you setup it, your store will work properly under your own domain name, also, it will be indexed by search engines

Please try it out and let me know if any further assistance is required. I'll be glad to help you.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 07-12-2017, 08:58 PM

Are these the proper settings? I'm getting an error for the store.

Type Name Value TTL Actions
a @ 34.193.83.23 1 Hour Edit
cname www app.ecwid.com 1 Hour Edit
ns @ ns17.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
ns @ ns18.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
Old 07-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Jason,

Alexandra with Ecwid team here, thanks for contacting us!

I have just sent you a message to the email address associated with your account (store ID 11623229). Please, check your inbox and let me know if any further questions arise.

Thanks!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.