The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 PM

Email requests received

Hello

I have received 2 emails telling me that ECWID has received Password reset requests for my store number. It goes on to say that id I did not request this just carry on using same password etc. I have no asked to reset my password so is there someone trying to get into my ECWID store??

Just a bit worried as if someone could get in then they could delete my whole store. Does ECWID keep a backup if this was to happen. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thanks

Lynn
Old 07-11-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynns Rare Plants View Post
Hello

I have received 2 emails telling me that ECWID has received Password reset requests for my store number. It goes on to say that id I did not request this just carry on using same password etc. I have no asked to reset my password so is there someone trying to get into my ECWID store??

Just a bit worried as if someone could get in then they could delete my whole store. Does ECWID keep a backup if this was to happen. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thanks

Lynn
Hello Lynn,
Thank you for reporting this issue.
The security of our customers is one of our main priorities.
We do a great work to provide privacy and security of everything you do with Ecwid.
You can read more about Ecwid Privacy Policy here (http://www.ecwid.com/privacy-policy)

And of course we’ll be able to restore all of your products. Please refer to this article to learn more about backups: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...494096-backups

An Ecwid account can be accessed only by the account owner who knows the email and password. There’s the ‘restore password’ tool, it doesn’t send any passwords, just helps you to restore it. That you received the restore passwords emails, it means that someone entered your email at my.ecwid.com and clicked ‘forgot password’ link.
Ecwid didn’t provide your password to that person certainly. Other people may get it only if they someone gained access to your email box. Which is why it’s a strict recommendation to use strong passwords, always be alert about suspicious activity and change your password regularly. We do care about your security and do everything that depends on us to provide it, yet there’s your part of responsibility.

Please forward the emails that you received to login-issues@ecwid.com
We’ll inspect them and also check our database records asap.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.