The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:14 PM

Buy Now Button Not Mobile Friendly

Hi, when the buy now button is selected on a mobile device it expands past the edges of the screen. Is there a way to make the Buy Now Button mobile friendly?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saras Store789 View Post
Hi, when the buy now button is selected on a mobile device it expands past the edges of the screen. Is there a way to make the Buy Now Button mobile friendly?

Thanks
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you faced this problem.

Actually, Ecwid has responsive design and stores look fine on devices with any screen width. “Buy now” buttons are also mobile friendly and look fine on computers and mobile devices.

At the moment I can see that you have disabled “Buy now” buttons in your store, so it’s hard to say why they displayed incorrectly. To be able to investigate this case, we need to see the buttons in your storefront.

Please, enable “Buy now” buttons in your storefront (Control panel > System settings > General > Cart > Show "Buy now" buttons on products list pages) and provide us the link to your website where the buttons display incorrectly, so that we could inspect the issue. A screenshot can also help.

Write us back with the details and we’ll continue inspecting your issue.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Hi, I can not enable it because my customers would not be able to use my website properly. The Buy Now screen become too big for a mobile screen. Is there some CSS that can fix this?

It is actually the Buy Now pop up screen that is too big for the mobile device screen.

Last edited by Liza; 04-24-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saras Store789 View Post
Hi, I can not enable it because my customers would not be able to use my website properly. The Buy Now screen become too big for a mobile screen. Is there some CSS that can fix this?

It is actually the Buy Now pop up screen that is too big for the mobile device screen.
Hi,

Quote:
The Buy Now screen become too big for a mobile screen. Is there some CSS that can fix this?
At the moment popups in Ecwid are not responsive yet, unfortunately. Our engineers are working to make them responsive. There is no ETA though.

“Buy Now” buttons allow customers to add products to cart in one click. The popup appears when products have required options. It happens because you have set up option "Adding products to cart without selected options" as “Ask customer to select the options" in your Ecwid control panel on System settings > General > Cart > Checkout Settings http://take.ms/81W0e So, when you use “Buy now” buttons with this setting, a popup appears. In case you switch it to "Use the default set of options" there will be no popups.

However if it’s important for you that customers choose options, it’s better to force customers to go to product details page. There they can know more about the product and choose the options more carefully. Also, I’ve noticed that some of your products’ options increase product’s price. So, it’s important for customers to see the full list of options.

To sum up, since you have many products with required options in your store and some of them influence the prices, we’d recommend you to keep using your store without “Buy now” buttons. Products’ details pages are responsive and will look fine on devices with different screen width.

Feel free to ask any other Ecwid related questions.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:40 AM

To Ecwid engineers: Any progress in this case? Any ETA decided?
We are in the test-process, switching from "standalone" Ecwid to Wix+Ecwid. I can verify that it does not work with the auto-pop-up when user selects "Buy now" on a product that does have options on Windows Phone 8.1 (we will continue testing on Android soon). The workaround to not show the "Buy now" button is working, but not good enougth.
/Johan
Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks for your question! I'll be glad to answer it.

Currently, our engineers are working on making pop-up windows in Ecwid responsive and mobile-friendly — no ETA on this yet, sorry.

Please note that there's no need to disable the "Show "Buy now" buttons on products list pages" feature in the Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → General → Cart if your products doesn't have options or if it's OK to add products to the bag with their default choices — in this case, on the same Cart page of your Ecwid control panel, you should choose the "Use default set of product options" option for the "Adding products to cart without selected options" setting. With such setup, your customers won't see any pop-up windows in your store.

Hope this helps!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.