The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Default changed bg with css but category and product html wont change

Hi sorry for adding to the workload, but i am having a little difficulty with figuring out why i cant change the category text color and the color of text in product titles which appear in the shopfront on one blog which i inserted the shopscript into
I inserted the css edits into the bottom of the blogger html template just before the closing tag for head
the bg css worked to change it to dark red, but the inserts to change the color of text on product titles (they are dark to read with a dark bg) does not
here is what i inserted
HTML Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath {
    display:none;
}
.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink {color:#ffffff}
.ecwid-productBrowser-head {color:#ffffff}
i used a dot because they are classes

one thing i do know is that as i used to do a lot of css and play with it over the years, i have noticed that the # tag always works with div tags but the . for classes does not always work but that the . for classes always works with p tags, but not with divs.. only some work
dont ask me why but i noticed this over years of coding and testing in the browser.

here is where you can see it
http://thailuckycharm.blogspot.com/p...olden-boy.html

Last edited by Qetzal; 07-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:24 PM

i also tried prefixing div.classname to no avail
Old 07-10-2011, 03:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike

If you would like to change the color of the product name links use this CSS:

HTML Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink a,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink a:active,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink a:visited {
    color: #fff;
}

Last edited by Qetzal; 07-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Mike is right, you need to use the CSS code as given in his post in order to change the color of the links in the page.

The reason for that is how CSS generallly works. The div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink element contains an <a> element, in which the text for the product name is situated. When you apply the color rule to div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink, the children elements of it will inherit that value, if there is no CSS that sets the color specifically for them. And there is such CSS code for the product name links. So, in order to override it, you need to use the selectors that target the <a> tag inside div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink , hence the code:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink a,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink a:active,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink a:visited {
    color: #fff;
 }
given by Mike is most suitable to do that.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
class, css, id tag, tags