The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM

Want to know the following before upgrading

1. What does "ability to change and increase your next order ID" mean?
2. How will I setup affiliate commissions & how will they be paid?
3. Will I be able to create a dynamic menu for the categories & subcategories (reference : http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpost...6&postcount=20)
4. It was said in a post that the need for creating separate pages for each product for SEO will become unnecessary after the next update, was that achieved in the v7.0?
5. What will I have to do to update prices in the single product widget code automatically?

6. Is there some discount for subscribing yearly?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
1. What does "ability to change and increase your next order ID" mean?
Silver plan accounts can customize their order id field: add suffix and prefix or increase the base number for their next order. In Ecwid control panel, System Settings → General → Cart there is the Order Settings area, where they can do that. Free accounts can only see their next order ID there.

Quote:
2. How will I setup affiliate commissions & how will they be paid?
Currently Ecwid features a simple way of affiliate sales tracking (available for Silver plan accounts only). However, it does not provide any means to incur the affiliate comissions, nor it transfers any payments from you to your affiliates. The comission for one level affiliation scheme can be set up as a tax included into the product prices, for example, and you are to pay the pending commissions by yourself, or with some 3rd party software. You can vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...stem?ref=title to get the extended affiliate system in Ecwid implemented sooner.

Quote:
3. Will I be able to create a dynamic menu for the categories & subcategories (reference : http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpost...6&postcount=20)
Building your own categories menu (or using a 3rd party solution for that) implies that you need a list of links to your categories in the the shop. You can actually maintain such list manually, but if your category tree is expected to change frequently, it is better to use the Product API to get such lists of links. Product API is available for Silver plan accounts only.

So, actually everyone is able to build some customized menu of categories, but Silver accounts can benefit from automatic updating of categories in their custom menus and listings. Still, however, building such menu will require some programming skills.

Quote:
4. It was said in a post that the need for creating separate pages for each product for SEO will become unnecessary after the next update, was that achieved in the v7.0?
I am not sure what post you meant in this point, can you please post a link to it?

To fulfill SEO needs, Ecwid features a few techiques. One of them is creating separate product pages that list your products in plain HTML, which makes the information about your offers available to search spiders. One of the other ways is to use the Inline SEO feature, where available. It automatically represents your inventory in search spider friendly manner on the same page, while not changing the experience for your usual customers. Inline SEO uses Product API to get the listings, so it also requires a Silver account.

Quote:
5. What will I have to do to update prices in the single product widget code automatically?
This task can also be accomplished by using a request to Product API. In Ecwid v.7.0 there was a slight addition to the Product API, which allows the AJAX-based requests. So it is now possible to create a custom script that makes such request upon loading the single product page and updates the actual price according to the response from API.

Quote:
6. Is there some discount for subscribing yearly?
Every option regarding the Ecwid subscription is listed in this page: http://www.ecwid.com/compare-plans.html . The price of subscription for Silver plan is fixed at $17 monthly. You can, however, buy a few months of subscription ahead, but the price will stay the same.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Can I pay you via bank wire instead of credit card?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelove View Post
Can I pay you via bank wire instead of credit card?
Yes. Please contact us at billing@ecwid.com for details.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 PM

Exclamation How I can subscribe and pay for the plan yearly or several month ahead to avoid monthly payments?

I have opportunity right now to set up silver plan but it required monthly payments. It will be comfortable for me to pay right now for a year or several month ahead. Let me now how I can do that that way my account will not be charged every month
Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdeen Wolf View Post
I have opportunity right now to set up silver plan but it required monthly payments. It will be comfortable for me to pay right now for a year or several month ahead. Let me now how I can do that that way my account will not be charged every month
Yes, sure. It is totally possible to pay for one year in advance. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25399994/...untusingPayPal

If any questions regarding billing will appear, please, feel free to contact us at billing@ecwid.com

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
dynamic menu, seo, silver plan, upgrade