The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:10 PM

Question

Shipping based on location

This is as basic as it gets. I'd like my customer to pick a shipping method and the price appears for them. I've set up USPS and UPS in the Carrier-ca​lculated Methods section with my IDs. Now what? The instructions I've found mention setting up Destination Zones. I have US, Canada and EU. Is there something else I need to do?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:20 PM

I'm looking at the info in http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5684 for help. I think every new user to ecwid would love a video tutorial or instructions in the Knowledge Base (when you search for Shipping as a keyword).
Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Robots View Post
This is as basic as it gets. I'd like my customer to pick a shipping method and the price appears for them. I've set up USPS and UPS in the Carrier-ca​lculated Methods section with my IDs. Now what? The instructions I've found mention setting up Destination Zones. I have US, Canada and EU. Is there something else I need to do?
Ecwid supports carrier-calculated shipping methods, which let users to estimate the cost of order delivery with the help of rates provided by carrier companies (UPS, USPS, Fedex and other) in real time. In fact, it is not necessary to define destination zones or set shipping rates in your Ecwid store settings manually for real-time rates calculation. Ecwid just sends the information about an order(e.g. products weight), the destination and the origin addresses to a shipping carrier's server and then it gets a response with the rates and show them to a customer.

To setup real-time shipping calculation in your store you will need to create an account with each carrier you are going to use for shipping. Then you need to configure corresponding shipping methods in your Ecwid control panel in the section "System Settings → Shipping → Carrier-calculated Methods" by entering your account credentials there (for example, in UPS configuration, it should be an access key, an user ID and a password). That's it. Now, if a carrier ships from your location to a customer's address then a customer will be provided with automatically calculated rates at checkout.
Please pay attention to the fact, that products without weight are considered virtual (downloadable) in Ecwid and do not require shipping. Thus you should set weight for all products you want to be included in the shipping cost calculation.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 11-21-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Robots View Post
I'm looking at the info in http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5684 for help. I think every new user to ecwid would love a video tutorial or instructions in the Knowledge Base (when you search for Shipping as a keyword).
The 'Shipping' article in our Knowledge database is located here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/Shipping
It contains detailed description of how to set up shipping in Ecwid.
However, we agree that some kind of a video tutorial would be very helpful for the new Ecwid users, because the shipping configuration could be a bit difficult for them sometimes. Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration.
By the way, we are currently working on a large set of changes in Ecwid, which will improve and simplify the way the shipping methods are set in the Ecwid control panel. We are going to release these new features with one of the upcoming versions of Ecwid.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-24-2011, 02:10 AM

Hi Matvey, thanks for the info, but I still need some help. I received an email from USPS that said I now have access to their production server. They didn't include a new ID. Do I enter my USPS username in the Shipping > Carrier-ca​lculated Methods > USPS > "User ID" field? If that's correct, the live rates aren't showing up. I'm not sure if Ecwid can help me or if it's USPS. Here's the email they sent me:

Thank you for contacting the USPS Internet Customer Care Center and congratulations on completing your testing using the U.S. Postal Service's Web Tools Application Program Interfaces (APIs).

Your profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Server.

1. The Production Server URL is: http://production.shippingapis.com. For APIs calling the secure server, the URL ishttps://secure.shippingapis.com.
2. There is a line of code that refers to "shippingapitest.dll". You'll need to remove the word "test".

If you are using third party software and need assistance, please contact the vendor of the software. They should be able to assist you in obtaining live information using our APIs.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM

It works now! Maybe it took a while for the USPS username to kick in (no separate ID was required).

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
location, rates, shipping