The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:49 PM

Lightbulb

Multiple Restaurant Locations - Store Selector Option

I am requesting thuis feature as I understand it does not exist.

I think ecwid makes an amazing and cheap solution compared to anything else out there for small business restaurants, but it severely lacks some features regularly required for running a proper online restaurant shopping process:

1. this, store selector option so same items can be ordered from different locations based on user's ONE TIME choice

2. store hours and WHOLE ORDER OPTIONS page (not item options) for future orders and date and time, as well as pick up delay timer for all orders so we can tell them when their order will be ready, with enforceable limits by the store owner for when store is closed and only future orders will be accepted.

3. similar to #2, i think all ecwid users would benefit from a "order review and options" page in between CART & Checkout... where other item suggestions can be made, where future order settings can be placed, where order summary is displyed, and where few important terms can be placed, such as store closures for holdiays, order timinngs, this is lacking, the checkmark for terms and conditons does not cut it for a lot of small business owners as they have no interest in legal matters and want their users to EASILY SEE few important terms related to their order such as your order will be ready in 15, or 20 minutes, right before they can checkout.

Maybe I can explain this and get some existing answers and workarounds better if there is a phone support, i am a premium wix user, using ecwid on wix.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by olb View Post
I am requesting thuis feature as I understand it does not exist.

I think ecwid makes an amazing and cheap solution compared to anything else out there for small business restaurants, but it severely lacks some features regularly required for running a proper online restaurant shopping process:

1. this, store selector option so same items can be ordered from different locations based on user's ONE TIME choice

2. store hours and WHOLE ORDER OPTIONS page (not item options) for future orders and date and time, as well as pick up delay timer for all orders so we can tell them when their order will be ready, with enforceable limits by the store owner for when store is closed and only future orders will be accepted.

3. similar to #2, i think all ecwid users would benefit from a "order review and options" page in between CART & Checkout... where other item suggestions can be made, where future order settings can be placed, where order summary is displyed, and where few important terms can be placed, such as store closures for holdiays, order timinngs, this is lacking, the checkmark for terms and conditons does not cut it for a lot of small business owners as they have no interest in legal matters and want their users to EASILY SEE few important terms related to their order such as your order will be ready in 15, or 20 minutes, right before they can checkout.

Maybe I can explain this and get some existing answers and workarounds better if there is a phone support, i am a premium wix user, using ecwid on wix.
Hello,
Thank you for supporting Ecwid and your suggestions.
I inspected your request and I will give you some workarounds below.

Quote:
Can you please provide us with more detailed information about this feature? As I understand, you want to give your customers an opportunity to place orders that should be delivered to several locations, right? If so, I suggest that you should use a comment field for this purpose. You can enable this field in the control panel -> System settings -> General -> Cart page. You can re-name this field as you want.

Quote:
As you may already know Ecwid is quite a simple storebuilder that lets your customers make purchases in your store in a few steps. At the moment it is not possible to add one more step in the checkout process in Ecwid unfortunately.

Quote:
In Ecwid you can place other item suggestions on the cart page. It is possible with the help of related products feature. You can find more detailed information about this feature in the following article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...lated-products

Quote:
At the moment there is the following support channels in Ecwid:
- live chat support (for premium subscribers to Business, Unlimited and Wix Premium plans);
- email support: support@ecwid.com;
- Ecwid forums: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/
- Ecwid Help Center: http://help.ecwid.com/

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM

no on #1, I want your application to be flipping useful to a restaurant like a pizza shop with multiple locations in the city. so same items in the store on the online webstie that is run for all locations in one domain and place, and then an option for the user to use a drop down or any other method possible in ecwid to select which store their entire order and all items is being delivered from or picked up from

I dont think I can explain this any better.

Your lack of willingness to add an order review page just shows this is not a truly useful product. every other major website has such a page in the checkout process. you keeping it easy for you. just saying. I can manage to get away using a workaround at this point. thanks for nothing on this one. hate it how Israeli start ups insist on simplicity for user... makes no sense... so the site owner can have it easy and the shopper can be confused as phat flipping fuddrockers! Wix used to say the same thing... until they realized none of their users care for simplicity when there is no functionality. so they are slowly but surely catching up... but some of their employees still hand out the same BS to me, then 2 months later, their actual developers deliver.... funny

you all need to do the same, or it will fail. your cart is not designed for business yet. your cart is purely designed for businesses that rarely succeed in the long run, small only, online businesses. even if they grow, they will simply move to a better cart, and mostly they just fail after a while.

so you are just collecting some cash at this time really, no future, need to work on that. Wix had no future in 2011. until they dropped html5 and never stopped from there... before it was dead in the waters... although a long ways to go.

in fact, as of now, i am so disappointed in ecwid, that i am seriously considering to simply revert back to jotforms i was working on and had built half way thru when i came across ecwid. that may be slower and uglier somewhat..., but at least it does exactly what I want. ecwid is just a closed rip off system at this point to me, like wix was in 2005...

Last edited by Wendy; 09-25-2014 at 11:18 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
location, locations, multiple locations, multiple stores, restaurant