The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:17 PM

test order works, real customers get "does not ship to this location"

I set up my store--no orders..then I find out all my customers get "Sorry we do not ship to this location". My test orders work fine.

Shouldn't a "test" order not work if it will not work for customers? I have been sitting with no orders for months (unusual) and now I find it is the store. I am pretty angry.

I may be doing something wrong in the "shipping" set up, but it should let me know that something is wrong. I actually paid for this storefront so I could read reach someone in support for just this kind of problem--but you have no way to reach anyone.

In addition, You sent me a notice by email that I would have a free 15 min consultation for questions and I answered with my number and convenient time but no one called.

How can I test my orders if the test works but real orders don't?

What am I doing wrong inshipping? (I've read all the articles)
Old 06-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly Marshall View Post
I set up my store--no orders..then I find out all my customers get "Sorry we do not ship to this location". My test orders work fine.

Shouldn't a "test" order not work if it will not work for customers? I have been sitting with no orders for months (unusual) and now I find it is the store. I am pretty angry.

I may be doing something wrong in the "shipping" set up, but it should let me know that something is wrong. I actually paid for this storefront so I could read reach someone in support for just this kind of problem--but you have no way to reach anyone.

In addition, You sent me a notice by email that I would have a free 15 min consultation for questions and I answered with my number and convenient time but no one called.

How can I test my orders if the test works but real orders don't?

What am I doing wrong inshipping? (I've read all the articles)
Hi,

Thank you for your post. We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our support team monitors the forums and try to reply to clients' requests. Venture Ecwid plan includes email support, and Business and Unlimited plans include live chat support.
Concerning the onboarding call, I've sent your request to our onboarding team. They will reach you out shortly.

I've examined your shipping setup. It looks absolutely OK. I tested it with three different shipping addresses: US, Canada and UK, and I get three shipping rates just according to your shipping configuration.
"Sorry we do not ship to this location" may appear if the submitted shipping address doesn't fall under any zones. Could you specify what shipping address you entered when you got this error? I'll try to recreate the issue with the same address.

You also sent us an email with one more question. I'll reply to it shortly.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 06-12-2014, 01:26 AM

Thank you for responding. I was not aware that venture accounts on have email support--but this is fine. IO can live with this now that I have an email for support. I di get your other email and responded.

As far as the shipping-- I fiddled with it for hours and fixed it myself--but wasn't sure it was fixed because the test orders have always worked, not indicating a problem. I did receive several orders the next day and they worked fine. The problem was adding the states to the zones--it was just so confusing and the articles did not clearly state that you set up a zone and have to click on each state you want to include. When it said "US" I thought included all the states--but it did not. You might want to make this a little clearer for newbies like me.

thank you for the help and clarity.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:20 AM

yeah it's clear to me now thanks
Old 04-16-2015, 02:28 AM

Hello:

I'm having the same problem. Does not shop to this location which in a test I did as New City, NY. I have my zones set up with Country and State. I simply can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it.

Would be grateful for some help please.

Thanks

Hello - most of threads I have found are old and I know a lot has changed.

Does not shop to this location which in a test I did as New City, NY.

I have my zones set up with Country and State. I have enabled post office to ship to the US using many different methods but it comes up the same.

I have global + fixed for most of my vintage items because they are all different. Some are small and some big.

As well, when I set up Canada Post there are sizes that are meant to be filled in but like I said, everything is a different size and I can't anticipate what size many things will end up. Is this a potential problem?

I simply can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it, and I need to get this right asap.

Help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Clara K; 04-16-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Kollo View Post
Hello:

I'm having the same problem. Does not shop to this location which in a test I did as New City, NY. I have my zones set up with Country and State. I simply can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it.

Would be grateful for some help please.

Thanks

Hello - most of threads I have found are old and I know a lot has changed.

Does not shop to this location which in a test I did as New City, NY.

I have my zones set up with Country and State. I have enabled post office to ship to the US using many different methods but it comes up the same.

I have global + fixed for most of my vintage items because they are all different. Some are small and some big.

As well, when I set up Canada Post there are sizes that are meant to be filled in but like I said, everything is a different size and I can't anticipate what size many things will end up. Is this a potential problem?

I simply can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it, and I need to get this right asap.

Help would be appreciated.
Dear Andrea,

Thanks a lot for reaching us out!

I have checked your shipping settings in your Ecwid Control Panel > Systems Settings > Shipping and seen that you have carrier-calculated methods configured and the zones for all of them are set to “World” which means the rates will be calculated to all addresses all over the world. If you wish to restrict the regions you ship to, you should set the destination zone, please see the screenshot: http://take.ms/xErcv

Please note that when you use carrier-calculated methods, Ecwid sends all the information about the order to the shipping company, where the rates are calculated and sent back to Ecwid. The information that is necessary for calculating the rates includes both the sender’s and the recipient’s addresses, the size and weight of the package, the value of it, etc. Please note that in your account settings for Canada Post (Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Shipping, Canada Post) the parcel dimensions are set to zero (http://take.ms/LjYdB), so the shipping rates are not returned. Please set the parcel dimensions to the average approximate parcel you will be shipping, and the rates will be calculated accordingly.

I have also checked your product settings and seen that some of your items are set as not requiring shipping (http://take.ms/zu8kG). Please make sure that this tick is checked for all your products that you will ship.

Please let us know if further questions arise, we will be very glad to help you.

Help Center

The Following User Says Thank You to Clara K For This Useful Post:
Andrea Kollo (04-17-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 12:25 PM

Thank you for getting back to me Clara. Yes, after thinking about it that's what I thought might be the problem.

However, since I sell antique and vintage, there is no way for me to calculate and average size for anything except maybe the jewelry. I have lamps that would require boxes over 18 inches in height and jewelry that can go in a 4 x 6 padded envelope.

We should be able to set sizes when we list an item along with the weight. I have put the weight up on some things hoping that would help with shipping.

Is there some way to add dimensions to each item accounting for shops that don't sell cd's or t-shirts and can easily set the average size (as an example.)

I really wish there was a bulk edit too as well, and of course the thumbnails which I already voted on.

Thanks again

Last edited by Andrea Kollo; 04-17-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: made a mistake
Old 04-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Kollo View Post
Thank you for getting back to me Clara. Yes, after thinking about it that's what I thought might be the problem.

However, since I sell antique and vintage, there is no way for me to calculate and average size for anything except maybe the jewelry. I have lamps that would require boxes over 18 inches in height and jewelry that can go in a 4 x 6 padded envelope.

We should be able to set sizes when we list an item along with the weight. I have put the weight up on some things hoping that would help with shipping.

Is there some way to add dimensions to each item accounting for shops that don't sell cd's or t-shirts and can easily set the average size (as an example.)

I really wish there was a bulk edit too as well, and of course the thumbnails which I already voted on.

Thanks again
Dear Andrea,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

As for the sizes, I am afraid at the moment it is not possible to add sizes to products, just weight. Stating the correct weight for the products is very important as the rates are calculated by shipping companies basing on the weight of the package among other parameters (like destination, value, etc). As a workaround for the various sizes I might suggest that you create several carrier-calculated shipping methods, state the different parcel sizes for them and name them like “Shipping for jewelry”, “Shipping for Large Objects”, etc. This will require your customers to select a corresponding shipping method as all of them will be displayed for all the products.

Regarding the bulk update of the products, it can be done with the help of export-import feature, please check here for more details: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...productsinbulk

Please let us know if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you!

Help Center

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
does not ship, flat rate, location