The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

Best variable layout for shipping address in order confirmation email?

I'm glad to see that HTML email notifications have been implemented, nice work!
Two questions about shipping address variables:

I'm based in the USA and ship orders to both my country and internationally. What is the best way to layout the shipping address section in the order confirmation emails so that all elements of domestic (USA) addresses and international addresses are shown? For example, when I add the province variable, it shows the USA state twice...

This layout works for USA shipping addresses:

${order.shippingAddress.street}<br/>
${order.shippingAddress.city}, ${order.shippingAddress.state} ${order.shippingAddress.postalCode}<br/>
${order.shippingAddress.country}

Another question I just thought about, does the street variable include both street line 1 and line 2? I did not see a variable for line 2 so it might be possible that an apartment/suite # might not display?
Old 05-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I'm glad to see that HTML email notifications have been implemented, nice work!
Two questions about shipping address variables:

I'm based in the USA and ship orders to both my country and internationally. What is the best way to layout the shipping address section in the order confirmation emails so that all elements of domestic (USA) addresses and international addresses are shown? For example, when I add the province variable, it shows the USA state twice...

This layout works for USA shipping addresses:

${order.shippingAddress.street}<br/>
${order.shippingAddress.city}, ${order.shippingAddress.state} ${order.shippingAddress.postalCode}<br/>
${order.shippingAddress.country}

Another question I just thought about, does the street variable include both street line 1 and line 2? I did not see a variable for line 2 so it might be possible that an apartment/suite # might not display?
Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us.

The default template was designed to suit the majority of Ecwid users, thus you can use it for both US and international orders. Let's look into an example:
1. US order. The standard variables are used, like state and city. The address is displayed like this: http://take.ms/S3YUG

As you can see, it goes from top to bottom:
Name
Address lines 1 and 2
City
State
ZIP code
Country

2. UK order is a similar one: http://take.ms/QXKKg
And the shipping address is presented the same way, instead of the State field, the state/province is displayed.

So Ecwid displays the exact address, that your customer entered in the default HTML email notification template using a single variable: ${order.shippingAddress} Using that variable you can display the whole shipping address in the way, that your customer entered. You can change the template if you want. In order to do that, please go to Ecwid control panel > System settings > Mail > Select a template and hit Edit.

And yes, the ${order.shippingAddress.street} variable does contain both address line 1 and address line 2, so you can be sure that the full address will be displayed.
You can find the description of mail notification variables here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...tion-variables
Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
address, email confirmation, shipping, variables