The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM

How to add custom scripts to appear under product details

Ecwid

I would like to add my custom feedback php code to appear on the product details page. i specifically want to add the function to appear on the right of the product under the product price box.

I thought about adding this to the product description html on the control panel but as this is html only that doesnt work. As I am not able to determine what the product id's are dynamically it makes it difficult to tailor information relating specifically to an individual product.

Hence the reason to add the code at the definition of the product somewhere.

Would you know any way to achieve this ??

Thanks
Andy J
My site can be found at Gorgeousgiftshop.com
Old 06-18-2012, 08:00 AM

The changes described are possible, but they will require some custom programming.

If you need to show some custom feedback in the product details and be able to determine which exactly product page is open, you should use the Ecwid.OnAPILoaded extension point, described here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/41188517/JavaScript%20API

Ecwid JavaScript API also lets you detect the product IDs being opened and display the required info for each product individually.

If you need professional assistance with such a custom script creation, you are welcome to contact Qualiteam company for quote: sales@qtmsoft.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
jonesaj5 (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM

Kess

Many thanks for the response. I have worked out how to find the product Id which is useful and will allow me to select details for specific products.
The next step is to know how and where to target my custom code so that it is added either above, below or inside the price/add to bag/ quantity box on the right hand side of the product image.
Are there any examples where someone has done this or can you point me ?

Many Thanks
Andy Jones
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM

The position of the element you want to add can be defined with the help if "insertAfter" or "insertBefore" commands in the custom javascript you need to create.

An example of such a javascript can be seen, for example, here:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49978. Please note: this is not exactly the script you need, but it demonstrates some basic principles of such custom scripts creation.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
adding custom scripts