The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 AM

Exclamation

Product Price variation with Tax equals less than $0

http://richardson.directrouter.com/~...43&id=29226109

The link above will take you to the product that I am having issues with. The price ATM is inclusive of GST Tax. But I need it to be inclusive of tax at check out which is easy enough. Go and make a tax and it will automatically calculate at check out.

The problem I have is that when you choose the bare minimum of this product this brings the product down to almost nothing. Which is ok... But the GST Tax is 10% and my price is already inclusive of that tax.

So if I make the 10% tax to add on at check out. I go to adjust my product price accordingly and am unable to save the adjusted price because it is now to low and the variation of my options is less that the product price.

Is there any way that I can make the GST still show on my clients receipt and leave my product prices alone inclusive of GST?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Brady View Post
http://richardson.directrouter.com/~...43&id=29226109

The link above will take you to the product that I am having issues with. The price ATM is inclusive of GST Tax. But I need it to be inclusive of tax at check out which is easy enough. Go and make a tax and it will automatically calculate at check out.

The problem I have is that when you choose the bare minimum of this product this brings the product down to almost nothing. Which is ok... But the GST Tax is 10% and my price is already inclusive of that tax.

So if I make the 10% tax to add on at check out. I go to adjust my product price accordingly and am unable to save the adjusted price because it is now to low and the variation of my options is less that the product price.

Is there any way that I can make the GST still show on my clients receipt and leave my product prices alone inclusive of GST?

Hello,

In Ecwid the taxes can generally be displayed:
- on the cart page after the shipping/billing address is entered,
- included in the product price, when the "Include tax in product prices" option is enabled in control panel on the System settings -> Taxes page,
- and on the product details page the tax rate can be shown in a separate line when "Show included taxes on product details page" option is enabled on the System settings -> Taxes page.

Do you find any of these options suitable for you?

I also noticed that you created the tax for the predefined zone named “Other zones” and enabled it for all your products. "Other zones" defines tax for locations matching no zone mentioned in the rate list, therefore, in your case it defines tax for all locations possible, as there are no other zones specified in the rate list.

In order for the taxes to be applied as you expect, you need to make some corrections in the settings.

First of all in your control panel on the System setting -> Zones page you need to define the zones to which the taxes will be applied. After you do that you should go to the System settings -> Taxes and assign each tax to a corresponding destination zone (Taxes -> Certain tax -> New rate).

Please, refer to this article for detailed information about tax set up in Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853314/Taxes

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product combinations, tax